• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Items on the beach overnight

New posts
I made a video about the first week of tagging in zone 7. The bigger ones are on my website. The smaller one is on youtube. Here are the URLS:
youtube
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr6oVfpuSBw"]YouTube - Remove it or Lose it on the beach[/ame]

or wholeo.net
http://tinyurl.com/2ee8xw

which is a shortcut for the long line:

http://wholeo.net/Trips/Travel/Florida/southWalton/removeOrLose/removeOrLose.htm

I'm not sure if youtube detects Flash version or not, but for my movies you need the latest versions of either Adobe Flash or Apple QuickTime. Both are free plugins. Also, if they download looking and sounding jerky, sometimes when they play a second time, they are smooth.

I hope you like this attempt to introduce what is going on. It's not a documentary of each and every item caught or missed. I'm thinking about how that could be done. In any case, I have lots more footage from each of four days walks and possibly that might be of value as a historical record.
 
:lolabove: ...from your mouth to God's (and WC's ears)...(I know there is a joke there :roll: ). Although they pick up the chairs and umbrellas everyday in my beach hood, I pick up at least 50 rubber bands from the umbrellas, daily when I am there. Not to mention the straws, plastic toys and trash. I must not give away too much of my mission when I arrive, or y'all will be having to feed Molly and get me out of the pokey. :biggrin:
:clap: You go, gull! We've got your back.
 
I made a video about the first week of tagging in zone 7. The bigger ones are on my website. The smaller one is on youtube. Here are the URLS:
youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr6oVfpuSBw

or wholeo.net
http://tinyurl.com/2ee8xw

which is a shortcut for the long line:

http://wholeo.net/Trips/Travel/Florida/southWalton/removeOrLose/removeOrLose.htm

I'm not sure if youtube detects Flash version or not, but for my movies you need the latest versions of either Adobe Flash or Apple QuickTime. Both are free plugins. Also, if they download looking and sounding jerky, sometimes when they play a second time, they are smooth.

I hope you like this attempt to introduce what is going on. It's not a documentary of each and every item caught or missed. I'm thinking about how that could be done. In any case, I have lots more footage from each of four days walks and possibly that might be of value as a historical record.

Good video and you were right that last thing is not plastic or a string, it is an egg case. Nice work :clap: :clap:
 
Can't keep this Kitty down. I have sent an email to TDC and will report back if and when I hear from them. One question I asked is if they would accept volunteers to tag items left on the beach. If so, I expect to see local hands go up.

Keep in mind as I have mentioned earlier, this is not a TDC program so they can't make the decision on who can and cannot tag items. That is a Sheriff or Code Enforcement decision so don't get mad if they tell you that you need to contact them. The TDC is only the removers and the information deliverers. It's kind of like ShallowsNole's tag line when she gets the call about items being removed. Someone else handles that responsibility.
 
Last edited:
Good video and you were right that last thing is not plastic or a string, it is an egg case.

Thank you and others for a positive response. That's nice to hear. About that last thing, you say it is an "egg case". Could you elaborate on that? What species? One egg or many? I'm not getting the picture.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top