• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

It'll take more than prayer!

New posts
Christ prayed for himself in John Ch.17 vs 1... so that he may be a blessing to God.
When I pray for myself, I pray for God's will to be done in my life. If I prayed for my will to be done in my life I surely would be in trouble.
 
It is common in this neck of the woods to bury a St Joseph statue in your yard when your property hits the market. Why not let the protestants have a little divine help too?;-)

I did bury a St. Joseph statue in my yard and now all I have is a tree growing with a whole bunch of baby St. Joes. :idontno:
 
:lol: There's a new kind of fruit ... have you tried 'em in a daiquiri yet :drink2:??

We've been using them for mojitos during open castles,
(oops, I mean open houses)
but no nibbles yet. Perhaps they too woody of a flavor.

My loyal manservant will try carving the statue out of lemons or watermelons next time.
 
Prayer works. These realtors are just praying to keep their livlihood and continue living in Destin and being a part of the community. Its not like they are praying for a rolls royce, they are praying for groceries. I, for one, am sensitive to their needs and hope them well in their profession.

Well said. I think some of those folks who are without income for 15-18 months are praying for food money and to keep their homes. Nothing funny about that.
 
No offense or disrespect intended, I was reacting to the fact that the entire event was dedicated to asking God to increase real estate sales and bring them $. Bit of a counterpoint to Jesus throwing the moneylenders out of the temple IMO.

Just in case you didn't know, people pray for many things, like to not get a speeding ticket, not going to jail, that a particular girl will fall in love, that their baby will be born with 10 fingers, that they will get the job, that they will pick the winning lottery numbers, and yes, that the real estate market will pick back up. So what? The mind and prayer are mysterious. Maybe the prayer meeting which was held will make some Realtors who've been down in the dumps, pick themselves up and start working more.
 
I read the article as religion for profit, not as a comfort in troubled times or a prayer for regional prosperity. Wasn't slamming real estate agents, but the idea of an event whose message was "dear god, bring us $."
Prayer for money, works. It's kept the churches going strong for many years. ;-)
 
I would like to start a prayer group that asks God to keep lowering prices so I can one day afford a place near the beach.
Would those prayers offset the other ones? How does that work?
It is kind of like two opposing teams, each praying to win.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top