• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

It'll take more than prayer!

New posts
Prayer works. These realtors are just praying to keep their livlihood and continue living in Destin and being a part of the community. Its not like they are praying for a rolls royce, they are praying for groceries. I, for one, am sensitive to their needs and hope them well in their profession.
 
I read the article as religion for profit, not as a comfort in troubled times or a prayer for regional prosperity. Wasn't slamming real estate agents, but the idea of an event whose message was "dear god, bring us $."

I'm rather old fashioned in my religion, so no dancing in the isles or snake handling for me, but their get together was rooted in scripture. From 1 Chronicles chapter four:

And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, "Oh that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!" So God granted him what he requested.
 
I'm rather old fashioned in my religion, so no dancing in the isles or snake handling for me, but their get together was rooted in scripture. From 1 Chronicles chapter four:

And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, "Oh that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!" So God granted him what he requested.

A good little book about this is "the prayer of Jabez" by Bruce Wilkinson. The key words proceeding this scripture were that Jabez was an honorable man, more honorable than his brothers. And yes, 6thGen, I agree with you on this one. Good point, and great verse. :clap:
 
It is common in this neck of the woods to bury a St Joseph statue in your yard when your property hits the market. Why not let the protestants have a little divine help too?;-)
 
It is common in this neck of the woods to bury a St Joseph statue in your yard when your property hits the market.

Before buying a house I always poke around the front yard a bit to see how many statues they buried. Helps me know how low I can go with my offer!
 
I read the article as religion for profit, not as a comfort in troubled times or a prayer for regional prosperity. Wasn't slamming real estate agents, but the idea of an event whose message was "dear god, bring us $."


I would like to start a prayer group that asks God to keep lowering prices so I can one day afford a place near the beach.
Would those prayers offset the other ones? How does that work?
 
I would like to start a prayer group that asks God to keep lowering prices so I can one day afford a place near the beach.
Would those prayers offset the other ones? How does that work?

True dat. It is kind of like people living along the gulf coast from Mexico to Tampa praying that a gulf dwelling hurricane hits elsewhere...somebody loses bigtime!
 
It is common in this neck of the woods to bury a St Joseph statue in your yard when your property hits the market. Why not let the protestants have a little divine help too?;-)

We do that up here in Missouri too. Worked for me! My house was on the market for 2 months, not one person came to look at it. Burried St. Josephs, a week later I had 2 offers on the same day!
 
I would like to start a prayer group that asks God to keep lowering prices so I can one day afford a place near the beach.
Would those prayers offset the other ones? How does that work?

Dear GOD, please bless the seller with wisdom so that he realizes that he owns mostly wetlands decorated with old cars and appliances instead of a winnng lottery ticket. AMEN.
 
I would like to start a prayer group that asks God to keep lowering prices so I can one day afford a place near the beach.
Would those prayers offset the other ones? How does that work?

:lolabove: I would guess you would pray to St. Jude for that. If I'm not mistaken, he is the patron Saint of the hopeless. ;-)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top