• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Jambones- Great BBQ

New posts
A friend tried the tofu and wasn't impressed....but if you're looking for tofu, do that at home. This was one of the best pulled pork sandwiches in my career and I'm from Memphis.... where barbeque is considered to be on the list of toddler's finger foods. The quality of the product shines thru. After 28 years in SoWal, good barbeque was the only thing that I missed.... the wait is over!
 
Thanks to this forum...

...my wife and I went to Jambones. Very glad we did. Probably the best smoked brisket I ever ate, and I've eaten plenty from places all over.

The staff was very friendly and helpful (explained all four sauces etc etc), and Scott (the owner) stopped by the table for a nice chat.

I'll be back...and I'm putting a note in my house here for future guests to be sure and take in Jambones.
 
080609-jambone-001.jpg


080609-jambone-002.jpg


080609-jambone-004.jpg


080609-jambone-003.jpg


080609-jambone-006.jpg
 
:lolabove: Is that a "how to" guide for ordering with visual cues only?
1. Follow new "Order Food" sign.
2. Relax and peruse menu.
3. Order at register.
4. Move to drink fountain.
5. Retire to bar and wait for your number to be called.
 
We had take out tonight from Jambone's and must say the experience was not good. We ordered 4 half slabs of ribs, also bought about a pint size of pork and chicken with a pint of beans and a pint of slaw. We ordered 3 brisket plates and 1 shrimp basket. The cost was $174.00. The brisket was very good, tender and good flavor. The ribs, chicken and pork were all cold, (refrigerator cold). We had to come back and heat it up. Maybe this is normal for Florida but in TN when you order BBQ it is all ready to eat (not cold). I expect to pay more on vacation and the price is not the problem, but if I pay this much I do not expect to have to come back to the house and heat the majority of it up.
 
I like my ribs room temperature, pulled pork for that matter too. I don't eat barbecue chicken enough to say how I prefer it.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top