Chickpea
Beach Fanatic
Plenty of great plans to chose from. Good luck.Sueshore said:;-) ...inside source and I already have plans!!!! Now, I just need some Alys Beach house plans!!!!
Plenty of great plans to chose from. Good luck.Sueshore said:;-) ...inside source and I already have plans!!!! Now, I just need some Alys Beach house plans!!!!
redfisher, tell me more about rate cuts for 07. Short term/long term, what are you reading???redfisher said:Cork, I would think that by definition we are not near the bottom...prices dropped significantly in both the timeframes you speak and still no activity...therefore they must continue to drop until volume levels increase...that plus interest rate cuts in the 1st qtr 07-3rd qtr 07 might provide some catalyst to stabilize prices
elliedog said:If my accounting is correct sales volume is down 90% year over year for 30A. Does that not frightening all of us?
redfisher said:Cork, I would think that by definition we are not near the bottom...prices dropped significantly in both the timeframes you speak and still no activity...therefore they must continue to drop until volume levels increase...that plus interest rate cuts in the 1st qtr 07-3rd qtr 07 might provide some catalyst to stabilize prices
but I guess that could be expected as the pool of eligible buyers decrease. My personal belief is that if I sit tight for a while, these wealthy buyers will bring the values of my property up even more than it is already. who's your rate guru redfisher????redfisher said:Cork, I would respectfully take issue w/several statements..
1st..the numbers were from walton county tax sale records based on subdivision...i'm not referring to list prices...i believe closing prices have dropped...however, i don't see what difference it makes...lower listings create lower closings....its arbitrary calling some prices ridiculous...ridiculous or not, those are closed prices that serve as valid comps regardless of opinion...and to your point r/e "realistic" prices, these jan volume numbers indicate that they aren't realistic enough yet...
2nd..As stated previously, traditional demand theory suggests that volume is the leading indicator-pricing is the more lagging indicator...in fact, the reluctance of sellers to adjust prices could be secondary contributor to the severity of the downturn...so, for you "Cork" to be able to pinpoint the two months (which you did correctly) when volume dried up...you would almost have to shorten the horizon of data to determine position in the cycle...we only have #'s for jan 06...it seems to me that yoy comparisons at this point offer only consolation...thanks, Red