• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Jc's Off the hook

New posts
I believe Kurt summed it up best.

Everyone is entitled to their honest opinions good and bad. I appreciate reading them. No need to be disrespectful or unkind.

As to this site being too "lovey dovey" considering someone probably insults someone else on a daily basis, I don't think we have to worry about that. :lol:
 
jc off the hook

We had a take out and the food was very small in portion. A sea food platter
with 2 shrimp 1 scollop and 1 very small piece for $21.95. Sure not like Nick's.
Will never go back.
 
I believe Kurt summed it up best.



As to this site being too "lovey dovey" considering someone probably insults someone else on a daily basis, I don't think we have to worry about that. :lol:
.
.
.


hehehe..... thats the reason my sig says what it does.
 
For what it's worth.

I live here and am not too enthused to get a crappy meal. If I eat the meal and then complain I'm full and I might get a free meal. The point is I've just had a crappy meal. I live here so I do get a little spoiled being able to eat at some of the best restaurant's in the world whenever I feel like it. That being said I can't imagine coming down for a week (that's only seven chances to eat out) and having one of them ruined. Some folks come down once a year and this is it for them. They should be able to weigh their decision. Some people might choose to gamble, but most will not. Most people come to this area because they can eat out knowing they aren't just being taken, treated as a number, and quickly run out so the next group can have sub par food at the local t-shirt shop that happens to have a dining room.
 
I believe Kurt summed it up best.



As to this site being too "lovey dovey" considering someone probably insults someone else on a daily basis, I don't think we have to worry about that. :lol:
I'm sorry if I mislead. I was referring to the critique of various restaurants not being "lovey dovey" not the whole site. You wouldn't want to take part of the fun of SoWal away, would you?
 
I'm sorry if I mislead. I was referring to the critique of various restaurants not being "lovey dovey" not the whole site. You wouldn't want to take part of the fun of SoWal away, would you?

I was not mislead. But, I am confused...I remember a thread about Wild Olives that was panned for this very thing. Can someone enlighten me? Are some restaurants hands-off? :idontno:

I sincerely hope JC's takes this all to heart and finds their way. If they could come up with simple, tasty seafood, good value and service with a smile, people would be beating the doors down, imo.
 
I was not mislead. But, I am confused...I remember a thread about Wild Olives that was panned for this very thing. Can someone enlighten me? Are some restaurants hands-off? :idontno:

I sincerely hope JC's takes this all to heart and finds their way. If they could come up with simple, tasty seafood, good value and service with a smile, people would be beating the doors down, imo.
I could be wrong but I know of no restaurants that are "hands-off". I am with you regarding JC's. The location is great and the interior quite nice IMO.
 
I was not mislead. But, I am confused...I remember a thread about Wild Olives that was panned for this very thing. Can someone enlighten me? Are some restaurants hands-off? :idontno:

From what I remember, the problem on that thread was the vagueness of the original post... it had no real criticism, just that the poster's experience was not as good as before. IMO, people should be forthright with their critiques of local businesses on here, good or bad - but there has to be some explanation to back up their opinion, otherwise it could turn into a potential bash fest. Forthrightness was not a problem in this thread; specific complaints were voiced.

I love it when these boards are all lovey dovey, it feels good and makes for warm fuzzies, but it is not their only purpose, nor is it honest. I also have had a few miserable experiences at local favorite restaurants, and have never publicly voiced my complaints. I am not anonymous here, and I am not interested in backlash or hurting the restaurant's reputation. It is a delicate situation, and I really don't know the best resolution, but I do know that spending money in a restaurant is a luxury for me, and it really sucks when the meal is not good. I have on a couple occasions spoken to a manager, and I was offered nothing more than an apology, which I guess is better than denial or anger, but not enough to get me back in the doors...
 
Reminds me of a guy I once saw, who parked his Jeep Cherokee, featuring big lemon stickers on the back side windows and the rear window, on the curb near the front door at the Super Walmart in Athens, GA. I was walking past and had to ask. He bought the vehicle new from the Jeep dealer, and from almost day one, had problems with it, which the dealership refused to acknowledge and repair under warranty. He said he finally grew tired of not getting anything out of them, not so he invested in these 3 ft wide lemon stickers, and his car unfortunately would break down on the median in front of the dealership about once per week. He parks at the front door of every business and is willing to share his story with anyone who asks.

If you are not being taken care of, even after you bring it to an owner/manager's attention, you do what you have to do to get their attention. Just be sure you give every business the chance to correct wrongs. Do not think that just because one manager of one restaurant offers only an apology, that all others will behave in the same manner. That is far from the case. Keep giving feedback to the places who aren't on their game when you visit.
 
I spent one of my 7 nights at JCs at the end of July. The parking lot was full and we waited 30 minutes. My family of 5 including 3 teenagers enjoyed our meals. Server suffered a couple bouts of minor absent-mindedness but we helped her along and all was good. No complaints.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top