• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Jc's Off the hook

New posts
Don't do it! I have lived here for 10 years and always love trying out new restaurants. The lil lady and I were in the mood for some fried seafood, so we decided to give it a shot, seeing as it has a full bar and all. This was quite possibly the worst food I have ever eaten in my life. The shrimp, undercooked. The scallops, not rinsed and under fried. Fish, overcooked. Hush puppies, pretty good. Our app, the fried pickles, tasted like chicken, fish, and god knows what else they have been cooking in their overused oil. This is the first time I have ever felt compelled to write a negative response to a restaurant. I generally find it a waste of time to complain about bad food. But, this was worse than bad. You would think that maybe they could get a draught beer right....right? Nope, it was a good two inches below the rim. The wait staff however, was the bright side. They were all very, very nice. Of course, they were understaffed, but wonderful anyway. ohhhh well, I am going to hug the porcelain god now.


:bang: Feeling like a jerk now, but glad I got it off my chest.


Shame on you.... it is not fair to anyone, even yourself not to talk with the owner or manager about the problem you had at the time. A problem can never be resolved without respecting each other and allowing the situation to be governed in a manner that is beneficial to everyone involved.

I'm sure you do feel like a jerk and I'm sure you were just frustrated at the time but those emotions came from not handling the situation in a positive way.

Remember... everyone you meet is going through something. We have to be tolerent of one another and always act in love.... :wub:
 
Last edited:
I'm very dissapointed in some of our fellow local Sowallers. Everyone knows that a new restaurant has a time period to work out the problems and if your a local and you don't bring it to there attention how can the problem be fixed. I have had a bad meal at almost very resturant on the 30A at one time or another. I'm not running my mouth and showing my butt because I didn't have a great meal. I learn what to eat at differant places. I believe I'll stop by on my way home for a happy hour drink and crab craws.

Oh and I don't work at JC's nor have family that works there as well.
 
Try the "fresh" fish and report back to us. Crab claws don't count as they are frozen and thrown in the fryer. Can't mess up a drink, unless they are small in size and pricey.
 
I like crab claws fried and sauteed both that are on the menu and yes they are probably froozen like all crab claws in the area. I'm not really in the mood for fish. SORRY!!! Thanks for the thought maybe next time.
 
Well, you are in the right place then. Hopefully the management/ownership of JC's will take this Sowal thread in a positive way and make improvements. Obviously they have a lot of time and money invested and it would be a shame to have to close the doors because they can't make the numbers work. Best of luck to them, I love the location.
 
The original poster had an experience that evoked strong enough emotions for him to feel compelled to share his opinion with us here in the DINING forum, and I for one thank him. Should he have complained to management at the time he had the negative experience? Definitely. Should he be chastised for having the sheer audacity of having a negative opinion? Apparently some think so. Thankfully my tastebuds and I think he is doing just fine. ;-)
 
The original poster had an experience that evoked strong enough emotions for him to feel compelled to share his opinion with us here in the DINING forum, and I for one thank him. Should he have complained to management at the time he had the negative experience? Definitely. Should he be chastised for having the sheer audacity of having a negative opinion? Apparently some think so. Thankfully my tastebuds and I think he is doing just fine. ;-)

Agreed....I have no idea why some of the "Pollyanna's" on here want to hide the fact some restaurants on 30A are not good..I appreciate the negative reviews on here so I can avoid wasting my hard earned money and also wasting one of the nights eating out when I am down in the area...I tend to correlate the negatives on here with Yelp and Trip Advisor to make sure it is not sour grapes by a "rogue" poster...and not surprisingly they usually match
 
I say jc's has an open free dinner one night in the fall for all the posters on this board. when we see that things have changed we'll all put glowing posts on here. what do you say jc?
 
cherijean;585872[B said:
]Shame on you.... it is not fair to anyone, even yourself not to talk with the owner or manager about the problem you had at the time[/B]. A problem can never be resolved without respecting each other and allowing the situation to be governed in a manner that is beneficial to everyone involved.

I'm sure you do feel like a jerk and I'm sure you were just frustrated at the time but those emotions came from not handling the situation in a positive way.

Remember... everyone you meet is going through something. We have to be tolerent of one another and always act in love.... :wub:

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Well, lets spread the love, that was just......lovely.
 
I like crab claws fried and sauteed both that are on the menu and yes they are probably froozen like all crab claws in the area. I'm not really in the mood for fish. SORRY!!! Thanks for the thought maybe next time.


That's not true!!!! I buy fresh crab claws from Louisiana twice a week for Bud and Alley's. :idontno:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top