• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

jena 6

New posts
sarafunn...who are the kids in the pic you have posted? I am so proud of the person you are and the things that are important to you. Thanks for sharing this story, sad as it is.

My exact thoughts. It is heart warming to know we have a younger generation that cares about this type of racism in our world today. You raised a good one kitty.:wub:
 
I just don't understand people behaving like that. It is so incredibly sad that people not only think like that, they raise their children and selectively enforce their laws to promote it. :cry:
 
a pretty limp response from upper mgt...

Dear:



Your email to Governor Kathleen Blanco regarding the Jena Six case has been forwarded to me for a response.



Your input and concerns are vital as we make critical decisions to move this state forward. The Jena 6 case is a matter in the Judicial System and any defects must be addressed in that system with the appeals court. The State Constitution provides for three branches of state government - Legislative, Executive, and Judicial - and the Constitution prohibits anyone in one branch from exercising the powers of anyone in another branch. Certainly, the Governor hopes for and expects fairness.



Thank you for emailing and if this office can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.



Sincerely,


Cheryl Shuffield, Director

Constituent Services
 
a pretty limp response from upper mgt...

Dear:



Your email to Governor Kathleen Blanco regarding the Jena Six case has been forwarded to me for a response.



Your input and concerns are vital as we make critical decisions to move this state forward. The Jena 6 case is a matter in the Judicial System and any defects must be addressed in that system with the appeals court. The State Constitution provides for three branches of state government - Legislative, Executive, and Judicial - and the Constitution prohibits anyone in one branch from exercising the powers of anyone in another branch. Certainly, the Governor hopes for and expects fairness.



Thank you for emailing and if this office can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.



Sincerely,


Cheryl Shuffield, Director

Constituent Services

Hate to say "see I told you so,", but see, I told you so. :(
 
My rant continues:

This political stuff in LA has been going for a very long time. People used to call it a "bannana republic". I hated that when I lived there. I got out. They were right.

See my post (RANT) at the Commander's Palace thread under dining. The state has had all sorts of resources and has done nothing in the past hundred years or so to bring itself up. With some level of apologies to my LA friends, LA is like their grandmother France:
About all they can do right is cook.:bang: :bang: :bang:

So there. Soap box into closet.
 
My rant continues:

This political stuff in LA has been going for a very long time. People used to call it a "bannana republic". I hated that when I lived there. I got out. They were right.

See my post (RANT) at the Commander's Palace thread under dining. The state has had all sorts of resources and has done nothing in the past hundred years or so to bring itself up. With some level of apologies to my LA friends, LA is like their grandmother France:
About all they can do right is cook.:bang: :bang: :bang:

So there. Soap box into closet.

Rant on. It is certainly called for. :(
 
My rant continues:

This political stuff in LA has been going for a very long time. People used to call it a "bannana republic". I hated that when I lived there. I got out. They were right.

See my post (RANT) at the Commander's Palace thread under dining. The state has had all sorts of resources and has done nothing in the past hundred years or so to bring itself up. With some level of apologies to my LA friends, LA is like their grandmother France:
About all they can do right is cook.:bang: :bang: :bang:

So there. Soap box into closet.

URNUTZ...good football, too:wave:
 
TIGERS!!!

I understand being a bad looser, but they are bad winners. That makes be hate 'em/love 'em.:pissed:

Gotta say, nothing is exciting as the smell of bourbon, the ear shattering noise and the excitment of Death Valley!:lolabove: :clap:
 
TIGERS!!!

I understand being a bad looser, but they are bad winners. That makes be hate 'em/love 'em.:pissed:

Gotta say, nothing is exciting as the smell of bourbon, the ear shattering noise and the excitment of Death Valley!:lolabove: :clap:

Gracious in defeat as we are in victory. No finer reception for visiting fans than in red stick.:wave:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top