• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Kimmi needs some creative advice...

New posts
TooFarTampa said:
Just add tube top and spandex mini! :eek:

Kimmi I have a serious question for you: Which is more important to the adult who invited you? The creativity of your costume or the quality of your gift? The whole idea of someone your age being invited to a 12 yo's birthday party, even one that is an over the top "event" :roll: is sort of mystifying. However, if this adult is testing your creativity, which is a big part of your job, then I kind of understand. Just curious.
I feel like my general "involvement" in the event would mean a lot, but in the grand scheme of things, actually showing up and being there is probably going to be enough.

This little girl is Ian Schrager's (Studio 54, Ian Schrager Hotels, ect.) daughter. In the past I've planned her b'day parties (part of my job which was the scary thing) which are over the top to say the least.

I'm starting to talk myself out of dressing up.

What would be appropriate to take her? Maybe flowers or something?
 
Kimmifunn said:
I feel like my general "involvement" in the event would mean a lot, but in the grand scheme of things, actually showing up and being there is probably going to be enough.

This little girl is Ian Schrager's (Studio 54, Ian Schrager Hotels, ect.) daughter. In the past I've planned her b'day parties (part of my job which was the scary thing) which are over the top to say the least.

I'm starting to talk myself out of dressing up.

What would be appropriate to take her? Maybe flowers or something?

Flowers die. Music lives on. How about bringing a big smile and a funny card that holds an Itunes $15 or $20 (or $25, if you feel you have to) gift card? You make your presence known, enjoy yourself (or at least pretend) and bring what surely will be considered a token :roll: but heartfelt gift.
 
TooFarTampa said:
Flowers die. Music lives on. How about bringing a big smile and a funny card that holds an Itunes $15 or $20 (or $25, if you feel you have to) gift card? You make your presence known, enjoy yourself (or at least pretend) and bring what surely will be considered a token :roll: but heartfelt gift.
That's a really great idea! I didn't even think of that! This is like the little girl who has it all. That's perfect! :clap_1:

This is my olive branch to my old boss. We were on the rocks, she kinda "took me back" and this is the first time I've seen her in a year. Probably woudn't work for her again, but definitely need to keep her on my fighting side. Don't want to burn this bridge!
 
Kimmifunn said:
That's a really great idea! I didn't even think of that! This is like the little girl who has it all. That's perfect! :clap_1:

This is my olive branch to my old boss. We were on the rocks, she kinda "took me back" and this is the first time I've seen her in a year. Probably woudn't work for her again, but definitely need to keep her on my fighting side. Don't want to burn this bridge!

I am a Google stalker and just looked up Ian Schrager. :blink: Big time. And knows it too. :floor: And they get lots of pub. :blink: No burny that bridgey.
 
I don't have a daughter, but I've bought lots of girl gifts for bd parties my son's attended. The best thing that have been big hits (according to him) are the scented body lotions that the young, hip adults wear, but the 12 yo's mothers won't buy for them. Another words, not something from Target or Bath & Body Works (not that there's anything wrong with that - but the 12 yo's already shop/buy from there), but something "sophisticated" from an upscale dept. store/cosmetic counter, wrapped in a great bag with lots of tissue, etc. My son says these girls all shreik when they get that stuff!

She will think you are so cool (as you already are...)!!
 
Sorry, this type of gift probably won't work for a kid who already has everything. I just read your post on that. Oh well...
 
My daughter will be 11 in Nov. I-Tunes is a great idea. Also cool jewelry. A 12 yr. old girl can never have too much jewelry. Funky earrings or a bracelet. As for dressing up--if you want to be funny go as Anne Hathaway from the Princess Diaries BEFORE the makeover. That would be cool with your dark hair. Or you can always go as her after too.

Have funn!
 
Camp Creek Kid said:
My daughter will be 11 in Nov. I-Tunes is a great idea. Also cool jewelry. A 12 yr. old girl can never have too much jewelry. Funky earrings or a bracelet. As for dressing up--if you want to be funny go as Anne Hathaway from the Princess Diaries BEFORE the makeover. That would be cool with your dark hair. Or you can always go as her after too.

Have funn!

ha - a 40 yr old can't have too much jewelry either ! esp. anything that starts with a d and ends with iamonds !!!!!!!!:lol:
 
From a guy's perspective. Go as yourself. You have enough to impress people as you are. If they need more to be impressed, they are not worth the effort.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top