• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

land purchase

New posts
I drove through Treetop subdivision yesterday and saw 2 very attractive houses. Both were built up to street level, which is significantly higher than the surrounding elevation of the lots. Overall a very nice looking subdivision, but the elevation of the lots would seem to indicate that there is probably standing water when it rains hard. But that's not uncommon around here. Just my 2 cents.

AAbsolute, you seem like a decent guy. Note: I wish you had put some porches on those 2 three story houses in inlet beach.
 
I drove through Treetop subdivision yesterday and saw 2 very attractive houses. Both were built up to street level, which is significantly higher than the surrounding elevation of the lots. Overall a very nice looking subdivision, but the elevation of the lots would seem to indicate that there is probably standing water when it rains hard. But that's not uncommon around here. Just my 2 cents.

AAbsolute, you seem like a decent guy. Note: I wish you had put some porches on those 2 three story houses in inlet beach.
And blown the budget?! :lol:
 
AAbsolute, you seem like a decent guy.

...you just fell victim to his forte of being the best con artist on 30a. He gains your trust, makes you beleive he is the victim and the rest of the town is after him. No one else has the problems he has. There is a reason why everyone is after him, and it is not because he is an honest and genuinely nice guy looking out for your best interests.
 
No one has ever been harmed by having my company finish a house for them. When someone fills a person's head with doubt and they terminate their agreement, that adds years to their job and probably bankrupts them. Meanwhile the hater's sleep fine and put another 'x' in their book. I'm not going anywhere and I don't want any trouble from anyone. Think it all the way through and call me directly if you want to.
 
...you just fell victim to his forte of being the best con artist on 30a. He gains your trust, makes you beleive he is the victim and the rest of the town is after him. No one else has the problems he has. There is a reason why everyone is after him, and it is not because he is an honest and genuinely nice guy looking out for your best interests.

Stapler, seeing as how AAbsolute has come out and clearly stated who he is, I'd say it is reasonable to expect anyone with negative things to say on a public forum do the same so those reading get the full and fair picture.
 
Confirm and verify

Hello, I would like to buy land in SoWal and if wondering if anyones has any information on treetop and lakeside at inlet beach.


Dunebug, great to see you're in the market for some sowal property. Do yourself a favor and find a good realtor who knows the good, bad and ugly when it comes to buying real estate. Avoid impulse buying and invest some of your time doing research. If a price sounds to good to be true, it probably is! When time comes to build, take the time to research the contractor and his company on http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/index.html. I would think twice before I would work with people who have a history of problems with the Florida licensing boards. Good luck and happy hunting. :-)
 
Last edited:
Thank you flyforfun for the encourgagement. That is what I am doing, researching developements. I am not in a hurry to buy, but I do not want to miss a good investment. Currently I live in a Condo on the beach and I want to purchase land with a "No Build out Time" so I can build when I'm good and ready. I thought Treetop would be a good investment because the lot prices are fairly low and I like its close proximity to the beach, Seacrest, Rosemary, Aly's.

Everyone has been very helpful, thank you for your posts. :D
 
Dunebug, great to see you're in the market for some sowal property. Do yourself a favor and find a good realtor who knows the good, bad and ugly when it comes to buying real estate. Avoid impulse buying and invest some of your time doing research. If a price sounds to good to be true, it probably is! When time comes to build, take the time to research the contractor and his company on http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/index.html. I would think twice before I would work with people who have a history of problems with the Florida licensing boards. Good luck and happy hunting. :-)

I believe I know who you are and wondered if you checked out the distant past of the builder you chose to build your most recent place. Didn't I hear about a pretty major financial issue with a builder you've recommended to readers on this message board? You can private message me anytime or ask me about it in person if you want.
 
Stapler, seeing as how AAbsolute has come out and clearly stated who he is, I'd say it is reasonable to expect anyone with negative things to say on a public forum do the same so those reading get the full and fair picture.

Shouldn't anyone who has something to say always be willing to courtesy copy the subject. That's part of being an American citizen. The right to face your accusers. Again, I'm sincerely offering peace and don't mean harm to anyone. You all know where I live, where I work and what I drive.
 
FEMA shows the entire area as a flood zone, right up to the back of Seacrest. Not sure how anyone could "make a mistake" and buy something like that without knowing.

treetopfloodzones.jpg

How about a link to this map?

Not just Treetop, but the main map.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top