• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

land purchase

New posts
All of this dirty laundry airing from everyone is uncomfortable reading. Maybe these issues would be better discussed out of total public view? As in PMs, emails, or letters.
 
I would like to thank everyone for their comments. I am not a land surveyor but I can see by the terrain that there are issues at Treetop. In addition, for a seller to take a big lost one would wonder. I did not see any comments on Lakeside at Inlet Beach, does anyone have any information on this new development or some advice on where to buy in or around 30A for good price. 200k is the highest i will go.

Thank you

Somehow I missed this in the fray - there are some lots over there available but I'm not seeing anything at that price.

http://hotlist.sellingdestinfl.com/Lots&LandHotlist.htm

I'd check the elevation as I believe it's on the same waterway as Treetop before getting serious. Also, prices are dropping in there so given time you might find the lot you want at the price your asking. (Although it might be a year or two until you do.)
 
dunebug, you might keep an eye on Seacrest Beach. The shake out is just getting started in there but I'd be willing to bet 200K for a lot on the outer areas is a possibility over the next few years. Check foreclosures as well, there are a number of lots in there headed back to the bank over the next year.
 
dunebug, you might keep an eye on Seacrest Beach. The shake out is just getting started in there but I'd be willing to bet 200K for a lot on the outer areas is a possibility over the next few years. Check foreclosures as well, there are a number of lots in there headed back to the bank over the next year.

there are lots in seacrest selling NOW for under $200,000. :shock:
 
My 2 cents on Treetop:I have driven through there (literally)hundreds of times and have yet to see standing water after our heaviest rains. I didn't go looking, nor have I felt compelled to dig a hole three feet deep, but it isn't the swamp that some places around here are. In fact, I don't think I have seen any stands of cypress trees, just pines.
 
there are lots in seacrest selling NOW for under $200,000. :shock:

Inlet, you wouldn't happen to know any realtor listings on lots around there would you? I've been looking for a good realtor site that lists current lots by community but haven't found much.
 
dunebug, you might keep an eye on Seacrest Beach. The shake out is just getting started in there but I'd be willing to bet 200K for a lot on the outer areas is a possibility over the next few years. Check foreclosures as well, there are a number of lots in there headed back to the bank over the next year.

Lots in Seacrest AND Watercolor (not just in Phase IV) are selling for under $200k right now with more decreases likely to come.
 
I would like to thank everyone for their comments. I am not a land surveyor but I can see by the terrain that there are issues at Treetop. In addition, for a seller to take a big lost one would wonder. I did not see any comments on Lakeside at Inlet Beach, does anyone have any information on this new development or some advice on where to buy in or around 30A for good price. 200k is the highest i will go.

Thank you

There is one lot in Watercolor Cypress Cove listed at $179k, but many others listed between $200k and $300k that might be had for $200k if you made an offer. Could also get one in Watersound West and maybe Watersound for under $200k (never hurts to make an offer).

But, prices for raw land are likely to continue to fall so waiting a bit might not be a bad idea.
 
CONFUCIOUS ALSO SAY: "Man who forsakes fortune cookie for blogs will go hungry "

I am a regular and repeat customer of AABSOLUTE ( Beach Comber) in this post

Lovely wife and daughter...a real charming man, if you have the good fortune to meet him

In fact, his website design and layout www.ChambersStreetBuilders.com says it all, right? Ah, the age-of-the-Internet...

Alas, "Whatever-doesn't-kill-you-makes-you-stronger" ( who said that?)

May God Bless whosoever contemplates a building relationship with this man, John Carroll or his company Chambers Street Builders.

Yes, he has built in Rosemary Beach.

Yes, he has built in TreeTops.

Yes, he has built in WaterColor and WaterSound.

And Inlet Beach.

And Grande Pointe.

And Cypress Breeze.

A simple phone call to any of their Community Managers will confirm this. I am sure they will welcome your phone call.

Just ask any reference he will give you, and they will sing his praises.

And there my friends, "the plot thickens". Or perhaps, as the wise sage Confucious once said " I am at a loss for words"
 
Last edited:
I would certainly hope that any references he gives would be nothing but shiny happy people. One would truly have to be crazy to give out references who fired a builder.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top