• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Laptop keeps dying!!!!

New posts
Could be a fan/heatsink issue, my HP is horrible about that.

I thought this too - had it happen to a pc once. Replaced the part for $25 bucks and it was like new.

Good luck IBD.
 
Go Mac! Just say no to all else. Big bucks, no problems! You choose! My Toshiba is about to be used as a clay pigeon! Brand new computer (2nd one). I returned the first one and this next one I waited too long. I am going into Best Buy and throwing it in the air then I am going to jump up and down on it! :biggrin:

Can we have a date/time. I'd pay to watch that. :rofl:
 
go mac...after all the virus software:banging: and considering just about any pc will die within 2 years...they cost the same. I went through 3 pcs in one year:bang:...tossed them all:breakcomp:...got a mac and haven't had a problem since.

Smart buoy...:biggrin: Love my MacBook!
 
:floor: how did i miss this, now WHY on Earth would you want that....:lol:
I could use a bit more RAM since I installed some Adobe programs. It sucks the RAM. When I upgraded RAM on my purchase, they gave me two 256 cards, rather than one 512 card and an empty slot for upgrades. I was going to steal a card from another laptop that melted (yes, literally the power cord melted into the puter), but it had only a 256 card, which doesn't increase my RAM. I really should buy a 1G card and add it to one of my 256 cards, then I'd be cruising like a Cadillac. Just figured if yours is new, it likely has a larger card than a 256.
 
I could use a bit more RAM since I installed some Adobe programs. It sucks the RAM. When I upgraded RAM on my purchase, they gave me two 256 cards, rather than one 512 card and an empty slot for upgrades. I was going to steal a card from another laptop that melted (yes, literally the power cord melted into the puter), but it had only a 256 card, which doesn't increase my RAM. I really should buy a 1G card and add it to one of my 256 cards, then I'd be cruising like a Cadillac. Just figured if yours is new, it likely has a larger card than a 256.

Sometimes both RAM slots have to be filled for the thing to work (some real geniuses out there) and so might have to go with 2 512 cards etc. Have you ever tried it with just one 256 card?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top