• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Large Shark Caught

New posts
Hey Skunky- that is a big Mofo shark!!;-)
Yeah it is. Double my height and and quadruple my weight, and add a bunch of rows of razor sharp teeth, add a keen sense of perception and I still wouldn't add up to this giant. I bet she was helping to keep the smaller shark numbers in check.

I like seeing sea critters when I'm kayaking, but I think that I would pass out and fall into the water if that Mako came swimming up beside me in my 9 ft long kayak.
 
Ok, this is not the exact shark pic, but I had to do a little reasearch to see what this thing could have looked like, found this pic of a MAKO that was caught in Maine at 846 lbs, over 10' long and the one from yesterday is bigger!!!! :eek:
mako%20maine%20846.jpg
 
Those two look so brave standing up there on dry land next to the dead fish. :lol:

I wonder a little bit about how the guys caught the shark yesterday. The artickle did mention that it had a porpoise in its mouth when it was hooked with a cobia jig. I mean the shark wasn't spitting out the porpoise in exchage for a cobia jig. They probably snagged the shark's eyeball with the hook, or something a little out of the norm like that.
 
mako2.jpg

A 3.3 metre (10′10″) mako shark weighing 492 kg (1082 lbs) caught at the 2004 Yarmouth shark derby.

Here is one caught in Canada, which is only a few pounds more, yet 2 ft shorter than the one caught yesterday. I think either of those men could easily fit into the sharks mouth.
 
They only look so vicious because of the blood that the hooks and gaffs cause to flood the face and mouth of the sharks. Leave them in the water and they look like graceful balarinas with big nasty teeth. :cool: There is something about the Mako looking so crazed, with their jagged teeth looking randomly placed throughout their mouths, and their mouths never seem to close, hiding their teeth.

2793.jpg

why is there a shark on the floor of someone's house? This is the photo from the news article in the NWFL Daily.
 
Last edited:
Those two look so brave standing up there on dry land next to the dead fish. :lol:

I wonder a little bit about how the guys caught the shark yesterday. The artickle did mention that it had a porpoise in its mouth when it was hooked with a cobia jig. I mean the shark wasn't spitting out the porpoise in exchage for a cobia jig. They probably snagged the shark's eyeball with the hook, or something a little out of the norm like that.


I was wondering the same thing but I don't think they could bring him in if he were just hooked through the eye...:idontno: Scary a$$ shark that's fo sho.
 
The Walton, Okaloosa and Santa Rosa County chambers of commerce are loving these photographs!:rolling:
probably right about that one! Although, the article is making alot of publicity, it is still linked on the drudge http://www.drudgereport.com/ and yahoo.news.

Some of the comments on the article on the drudge ask about whether it was possible encroachment of protected marine mammal---correct or not? because it was chasing a school of dolphin (don't know if that is right, or if they should have said a pod) or because it had a porpoise in its mouth? --enlighten me would you?
 
probably right about that one! Although, the article is making alot of publicity, it is still linked on the drudge http://www.drudgereport.com/ and yahoo.news.

Some of the comments on the article on the drudge ask about whether it was possible encroachment of protected marine mammal---correct or not? because it was chasing a school of dolphin (don't know if that is right, or if they should have said a pod) or because it had a porpoise in its mouth? --enlighten me would you?

I don't have a clue about what is and isn't protected, but I am certain the Captains involved know the rules like a preacher knows the Gospels:cool:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top