• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Level Dunes...insert more condos

New posts
From your photograph, it looks like the dune is almost the entire lot. Are you saying that you walked "on the dune"? :nono1: ;-)
LOL. No, we walked the perimeter. BTW my "circle" is an approximation. The Google photo doesn't show the fence that exists now which delineates the north side of the property.
 
Last edited:
LOL. No, we walked the perimeter. BTW my "circle" is an approximation. The Google photo doesn't show the fence that exists now which delineates the north side of the property.

:biggrin:
 
Miss Kitty, I understand that greed trumps everything in some people; but, even greed won't work here when there is so much unsold and the overbuilding is destroying the very thing that makes the area attractive which makes the greed "work."

Oh, hell, you're right-- there is no good sense in this situation.....
 
I think that if logic was the determining factor they wouldn't be building condos 1) on a dune 2) out of scale with the the neighborhood 3) in an area w/ limited access 4) with "private" beach
 
Miss Kitty, I understand that greed trumps everything in some people; but, even greed won't work here when there is so much unsold and the overbuilding is destroying the very thing that makes the area attractive which makes the greed "work."

Oh, hell, you're right-- there is no good sense in this situation.....

:bang: ...I know, it sux. What can we do???? :idontno: Help me...I can pay taxes, but cannot vote! :blink:
 
Dear Shelly,

Where do you live? In one of those house or condo's that does not belong on the beacheach. Or are you are just a citizen from afara that just love an unspoiled beach. I suggest at one time your house or condo was not there also and you destoroyed someone's paradise. Give it a break, you live here too. Let others build and come and enjoy it or move on. I am tired off listening to you and others codemnation of builders as evil. It is not just your paradise. It is mine and others too. Responsible builder are building on their land. You live here somewhere so your house is an abomination also. Get over it:angry: !

"Responsible Building" is based on supply and demand. I don't know if you've driven around SOWAL lately but the supply outweighs the demand considerably. There are more than 20 vacant, (yes, vacant-non furnished) homes in my neigborhood alone just sitting, most with the A/C cranking. Let's use logic....
 
SeaGrove Lover, I agree, also, is that not a private beach ??? if that is the real issue with these people, plus just dont want anything built. Suggestion, all opposed buy the land, have the beach and no building....solved
 
Good Discusson:

Lets me disclose I own a unit at Sugar Dunes. The ones next to the development. So I am affected.

The land was always going to be developed. I knew that when I purchased. The property would be lovely not to have anything developed, however lets understand why "this board" even exists. You, me and even Shelly love this area. I understand why others want to come here. My point was that you were probably not a native and we all came at some point to the area to live in a house that was once not there. Without places to live, or rent then no more Shellys or seagrove lovers are going to come. Just because we have one (or more) why should everyone else stop building so we can have it the same way it was when we built or purchased.

On one other note. The area is only stalled in development. Believe me the inventory is going to sell and more will be needed. It is paradise. Those of you looking short term see too much inventory. This is temporary due to many pressures. It is just the start of the building.

Shelly get out while you can, or are you enjoying the value increase (long-term) as I am. ;-)
 
:bang: ...I know, it sux. What can we do???? :idontno: Help me...I can pay taxes, but cannot vote! :blink:
Voice your opinions by attending Planning Commission and BCC meetings. If you can't attend the meetings, you can email, snail mail, fax, or phone the Planning Department and the members of the BCC. All of their info is on the Walton County website.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top