• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Life suggestions?

New posts

BlueFox181

Beach Fanatic
I think I might relocate to the area and I was wondering- where are some good places for a young single professional woman to meet some quality, employed men around here? :scratch: Just wondering ;) Thanks!
 
Oh, if only I knew the answer to that question! One of the few drawbacks I've found to this area is the lack of "quality employed" bachelors (you'll learn to check marital status) compared to college days or a city.

-Old Florida Fish House
-Bud & Alley's
-Harbor Docks on Thursday nights
-Aj's (lots of military guys)
-Crab Island
 
Last edited:
I'm moving down from Atlanta. I swear all men I have met here (ATL) are in their late 20's/early 30's but are still "swinging bachelors" acting as if they're all 21 w/o a care in the world and chasing girls that are 18. Ugh. :blink:

I'll be down next week for interviews and possible house hunting. Anyone know of the best looking, cheapest, closest to beach, long-term rental is? Ha. I know... asking for the impossible... :roll:
 
Check the "rental" thread on Sowal and ask/look around. I've found my various abodes through ads in the Walton Sun, "roommate wanted" or "for rent" notes in the Seaside or Rosemary post offices, and word of mouth. Ask the people you're interviewing with as well.
 
Oh, if only I knew the answer to that question! One of the few drawbacks I've found to this area is the lack of "quality employed" bachelors (you'll learn to check marital status) compared to college days or a city.

-Old Florida Fish House
-Bud & Alley's
-Harbor Docks on Thursday nights
-Aj's (lots of military guys)
-Crab Island

Even checking marital status may not be enough! If you like to party, there's a lot at the above named establishments, although I don't think I'd like to actually take them home! Hey, they're drunk!
 
Even checking marital status may not be enough! If you like to party, there's a lot at the above named establishments, although I don't think I'd like to actually take them home! Hey, they're drunk!

I just gave the locations most likely to have single men in her age group, she can use her own judgment from there as to their level of sobriety and their suitability as houseguests ;-).

Do you have any suggestions? As you stated, those I listed aren't great.
 
My suggestion, quit looking. Men seem to be more interested when they are not persued. Make something worthwhile of yourself instead.
 
I just gave the locations most likely to have single men in her age group, she can use her own judgment from there as to their level of sobriety and their suitability as houseguests ;-).

Do you have any suggestions? As you stated, those I listed aren't great.

Attitude trumps Age!!
My suggestion: DON'T SEEK...if something is meant to be...it will just happen when you're having fun & busy looking the other way! :wave:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top