• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Life suggestions?

New posts
For a more or less Irish pub, McGuire's in Destin can fill that fix to some degree, though it tends to be overrun with tourists during the summer. And you've got to go past a good-sized (though not Super) Target and a Fresh Market to get there.

Is that the one with money all over the place? I went to the one in Pensacola in December when we had to go to the airport out there.

I will miss my Super Target... :violin:
 
And if you don't mind one more "men are like..." here's my favorite, courtesy of the Rev. Billy C. Wirtz:

"Men are like floor tiles. If you lay 'em right the first time, you can walk all over 'em forever."

The Rev also says, "Just because your boyfriend's got a big telescope doesn't mean you're going to see stars.":rolling:
 
I think I might relocate to the area and I was wondering- where are some good places for a young single professional woman to meet some quality, employed men around here? :scratch: Just wondering ;) Thanks!

I have to say, I moved down when I was 25, and it did NOT suit me. I lasted 4 months. The company I moved to work for tanked and I moved back to NY.

There is a MAJOR lack of decent guys that were in my "age range". I also require a little motivation and job, so maybe I was being too picky. Not the best place for singles, but you can probably make it work.

I had fun though...way too much. So much I still wonder how I made it out in one piece!

Love visiting, but living didn't work for me. It's not THAT expensive either, but not totally cheap. If you've lived in a city, it won't shock you.
 
McGuire's is the original place with the money on the walls and ceiling.

I came down here with husband in hand, so I'm not the best expert on the local dating scene. But if you don't mind a less than polished appearance at times, the rocket scientists from Eglin can be a surprising lot of fun to hang around with.
 
:floor: :lol: :clap: :rofl: ...I am just sure we met. :wave:
It WAS you ladies! How funny! What a small world... :D :D

I have to say, I moved down when I was 25, and it did NOT suit me. I lasted 4 months. The company I moved to work for tanked and I moved back to NY.

Woah- only 4 months?

I plan on staying for a least a year. I feel you never really know a place until you've been there for at least that long. I moved a bunch over the last 10 years and I am interested in putting myself through a lil trial period away from a life that is so settled here. I need to push myself. Shake it up a bit. This is step 1 to a "better" BlueFox :biggrin:
 
Last edited:
It WAS you ladies! How funny! What a small world... :D :D



Woah- only 4 months?

I plan on staying for a least a year. I feel you never really know a place until you've been there for at least that long. I moved a bunch over the last 10 years and I am interested in putting myself through a lil trial period away from a life that is so settled here. I need to push myself. Shake it up a bit. This is step 1 to a "better" BlueFox :biggrin:

You go, BF!:clap:
 
Ha, I would love to join you ladies out anytime- just have a more upbeat attitude is all I am asking! You all live in one of the most gorgeous places to be all hasty regarding things like men.

I start with an upbeat attitude, but then the single men bring me down. (But I live near ATL, not SoWal...)

And if you don't mind one more "men are like..." here's my favorite, courtesy of the Rev. Billy C. Wirtz:

"Men are like floor tiles. If you lay 'em right the first time, you can walk all over 'em forever."

The Rev also says, "Just because your boyfriend's got a big telescope doesn't mean you're going to see stars.":rolling:

I just tinkled myself...:floor: :funn: :lolabove:
 
Same here NoHall. That's why I have confined myself to the house until my portfolio is sparkling and all plans are perfect. A lil OCD pays off sometimes. :biggrin:

have to get out of here... cause sometimes I feel like this:
:trainwreck:

and I feel a lil of this could cure all:
:chill:
 
Last edited:
Same here NoHall. That's why I have confined myself to the house until my portfolio is sparkling and all plans are perfect. A lil OCD pays off sometimes. :biggrin:

have to get out of here... cause sometimes I feel like this:
:trainwreck:

and I feel a lil of this could cure all:
:chill:

I'm in kind of a black mood tonight (usually I'm not) so maybe you should ignore me when I tell you that people are people whether they're in the ATL or SoWal. They all have their garbage.

Or we can see it from the "half-full" side: Some of those SoWallers are amazing. But so are some Atlantans.

Or all of that at once. Take all of it into consideration before you uproot...
 
Enough sadness ppl!

Ha- saw this and thought ya'll might find it funny with the theme here...

leanne241.gif
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top