Romeosmydog
Beach Fanatic
Where were you today?? I was at Blue Mountain today for a wedding (yes, a wedding at 1:00 on Memorial Day Weekend) and saw a guy in major trouble. A surfer (Blake) paddled over and pulled the guy to safety. This is not a quick process, they were out there for quite sometime struggling to get in. No lifeguards were in sight. I didn't even know that they were there until someone pointed them out to me. I finally went down to interrupt the lifeguards and tell them what was going on. They were really busy trying to put up their umbrella. Their backs were to the water the entire time.The fam and I were at the beach today and I just wanted to complement our lifeguards! It was a red flag (what a bad time for that, eh?) and they were right up near the water being very proactive. You hate to see people going deep into the water, but it's gonna happen...especially on a holiday weekend. They would direct people back and point out where the worst riptides were. I thought they were doing a great job...![]()
Within 10 minutes I spotted another guy in the water having a really hard time holding on to his tiny little boogie board. I watched him fight the rip tides for at least 10 minutes. The lifeguards this time were sitting under their umbrella in conversation. I continued to watch the guy and feeling slightly embarrassed to go tell them AGAIN that someone needed them. The guy lost his board and really seemed to be in trouble so I went down and politely said that in no way was I trying to do their job, but someone was in trouble....again.
After the lifeguard got him in, I left the beach. I couldn't watch anymore. I went to Ed Waline instead. The lifeguards there were awesome and on it. AND they had 5 times more people to watch.
Last edited:

