• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

LIfeguards

New posts
After speaking to SWFD last evening the lifeguards made over 30 rescues and approximately 70 assists to those "struggling". Many of these were initiated by alert beachgoers who would alert the lifeguards.

I guess we should be thankful there were no drownings, just rescues. The same unfortunately can't be said for PCB.
 
After speaking to SWFD last evening the lifeguards made over 30 rescues and approximately 70 assists to those "struggling". Many of these were initiated by alert beachgoers who would alert the lifeguards.

I guess we should be thankful there were no drownings, just rescues. The same unfortunately can't be said for PCB.
Double red flags today, and all my tourist buddies are asking me why. Thanks for the numbers!
 
Looked at the surf this morning, there shouldn't be much of a problem today. By the way, the tide will be backing off all day and thats when you usually have problems. The surf is teeny tiny so today should be a pretty safe day. By the way I totally disagree with who makes the call and how the flag system works. Grayton beach has more people on it with the exception of the Whales Tail and Pompano Joe's area and no lifeguard????? Several people called the Sheriff's Dept. and they said we don't deal with it call the Fire Dept????? No one showed until way late in day. P.S. Nohall, Jdarg, Bdarg, Punzy, Skunkape etc. Please watch my kids if I have to bail to yank someone out today. :bow::bow::bow::popcorn:
 
Looked at the surf this morning, there shouldn't be much of a problem today. By the way, the tide will be backing off all day and thats when you usually have problems. The surf is teeny tiny so today should be a pretty safe day. By the way I totally disagree with who makes the call and how the flag system works. Grayton beach has more people on it with the exception of the Whales Tail and Pompano Joe's area and no lifeguard????? Several people called the Sheriff's Dept. and they said we don't deal with it call the Fire Dept????? No one showed until way late in day. P.S. Nohall, Jdarg, Bdarg, Punzy, Skunkape etc. Please watch my kids if I have to bail to yank someone out today. :bow::bow::bow::popcorn:
Are we surfing today or something? Do we have a rendezvous time?
 
Are we surfing today or something? Do we have a rendezvous time?

I have a date with bloody marys first. Then I have to contact my activities coordinator and see if I am going to Grayton or not;-)

I remember seeing the chopper going up and down PCB yesterday. I noticed that the flag at Lake Powell was yellow at about 10:30 yesterday morning.
 
Looked at the surf this morning, there shouldn't be much of a problem today. By the way, the tide will be backing off all day and thats when you usually have problems. The surf is teeny tiny so today should be a pretty safe day. By the way I totally disagree with who makes the call and how the flag system works. Grayton beach has more people on it with the exception of the Whales Tail and Pompano Joe's area and no lifeguard????? Several people called the Sheriff's Dept. and they said we don't deal with it call the Fire Dept????? No one showed until way late in day. P.S. Nohall, Jdarg, Bdarg, Punzy, Skunkape etc. Please watch my kids if I have to bail to yank someone out today. :bow::bow::bow::popcorn:

I agree we need a lifeguard or two in Grayton Beach. Perhaps it's time to petition/call SWFD with the request. Call Chief Rick Talbert 267-1298. I will bring it up at the next commission meeting June 2nd. Public is welcome as are your comments. Meeting starts at 4PM at Station #3 on 393N.
 
Thats right Greenroom. Pomp and Whales Tale are of the private variety, no lifeguards. Call SWFD as they make the call.
 
Actually I confirmed there is a tower near Whales Tale, my bad. Grayton is state park property am I correct?
 
By the Red Bar, I think that is public property and then to your east is the state park.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top