• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Local driftwood

New posts

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
I have lots of driftwood by the way, if anyone is interested. Also, have lots of tools to make stuff out of driftwood. Lamps are cool, although where exactly to put the wire is puzzling. Big dining tables are really cool, there are some very heavy stump bases that would make exellant tables. Glass is available too. I've been working on a sunburst with a mirror center, not sure whether I should paint it silver, gold, or leave it natural. Also aquired some mirror triangles that would make an interesting piece. Any interest or suggestions?
 
I am looking for some pieces for outside landscaping!
Let me know where you are and when I can look at them.

Thank you
Steve
email:scdesigninginc@hotmail.com
 
If only I lived near you, I'd buy a large piece for a fireplace mantle. I've been looking online for several years for a driftwood mantle or at least medium/large pieces for Mr. JR to build one.
 
I have lots of driftwood by the way, if anyone is interested. Also, have lots of tools to make stuff out of driftwood. Lamps are cool, although where exactly to put the wire is puzzling. Big dining tables are really cool, there are some very heavy stump bases that would make exellant tables. Glass is available too. I've been working on a sunburst with a mirror center, not sure whether I should paint it silver, gold, or leave it natural. Also aquired some mirror triangles that would make an interesting piece. Any interest or suggestions?
Sorry, I just finished reading your post. I would leave the wood natural. But that's just my preference.
 
I have lots of driftwood by the way, if anyone is interested. Also, have lots of tools to make stuff out of driftwood. Lamps are cool, although where exactly to put the wire is puzzling. Big dining tables are really cool, there are some very heavy stump bases that would make exellant tables. Glass is available too. I've been working on a sunburst with a mirror center, not sure whether I should paint it silver, gold, or leave it natural. Also aquired some mirror triangles that would make an interesting piece. Any interest or suggestions?

Where do I go to see your driftwood?:idontno:
 
I have lots of driftwood by the way, if anyone is interested. Also, have lots of tools to make stuff out of driftwood. Lamps are cool, although where exactly to put the wire is puzzling. Big dining tables are really cool, there are some very heavy stump bases that would make exellant tables. Glass is available too. I've been working on a sunburst with a mirror center, not sure whether I should paint it silver, gold, or leave it natural. Also aquired some mirror triangles that would make an interesting piece. Any interest or suggestions?

I'd be glad to give you some "safe" suggestions on wire placement, PM me if interested.

(Disclosure: I'm a licensed Electrical Contractor, and located in SRB)
 
If only I lived near you, I'd buy a large piece for a fireplace mantle. I've been looking online for several years for a driftwood mantle or at least medium/large pieces for Mr. JR to build one.

I'll look around for something that would serve that purpose, and take some photos. Wonder what shipping would cost? Some pieces are very heavy.
 
Well, I've always envisioned a piece approx. 5 ft. long, cut in half lengthwise (which Mr. johnrudy could do), with the flat side as the top of the mantle and the underside remaining in its natural shape. It most likely would have to be something we would need to come pick up rather than being shipped.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top