• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Local Foods Available

New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
From my friend
June 29 2007

Hey folks:

In keeping with our desire to eat more locally/regionally-grown foods, I'm going to try to put together a weekly listing of what's available out there. If you know of additional sources please let me know. For example, does anybody have a phone # for Cotton's produce in Freeport so I can check with them every week? For this week, here's what I have:


Perennials and Natives by a Girl Named Toni (west end 30 A next to Elmo's)

cucumbers, shelled peas and beans, peaches, jalapenos, green peppers, green beans, lettuce, cantalope, blueberries, blackberries, eggplant, tomatoes


For the Health of It, Blue Mountain Beach

mint, daikon radish sprouts, red potatoes, corn, cherry tomatoes

Please support our local businesses that are working so hard to bring us fresh local and regional foods!
 
Hey what happened to the other threads that were started about the local foods available? :idontno:
 
From my friend
June 29 2007

Hey folks:

In keeping with our desire to eat more locally/regionally-grown foods, I'm going to try to put together a weekly listing of what's available out there. If you know of additional sources please let me know. For example, does anybody have a phone # for Cotton's produce in Freeport so I can check with them every week? For this week, here's what I have:


Perennials and Natives by a Girl Named Toni (west end 30 A next to Elmo's)

cucumbers, shelled peas and beans, peaches, jalapenos, green peppers, green beans, lettuce, cantalope, blueberries, blackberries, eggplant, tomatoes


For the Health of It, Blue Mountain Beach

mint, daikon radish sprouts, red potatoes, corn, cherry tomatoes

Please support our local businesses that are working so hard to bring us fresh local and regional foods!

Dumb question - I have never heard of a Girl Named Toni, nor have I seen a store. Where is this place.

Also, is Cottons in Freeport the same people who had the vegetable stand on S 331 in Santa Rosa Beach until a couple of years ago?
 
Dumb question - I have never heard of a Girl Named Toni, nor have I seen a store. Where is this place.

Also, is Cottons in Freeport the same people who had the vegetable stand on S 331 in Santa Rosa Beach until a couple of years ago?

Toni's is on the west end of 30A, next to Elmo's.

Yes, the same Cotton's.
 
Toni's is on the west end of 30A, next to Elmo's.

Yes, the same Cotton's.


Is Toni's in that house sort of behind Elmo's that use to be an antique store? They sell fresh veggies?

What I would do for some fresh lima beans AND true vine ripe tomatoes. I bought some tomatoes from the stand on 331 a couple of years ago. The sign said vine ripe. But, the sticker on the tomato from the grower said Hot House Tomatoes!! LOL. They were still good!

What days is this place open?
 
I was wondering where this thread went. very strange.

For The Health of It also has local honey in stock. Mmmmmm, honey.

:biggrin:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top