• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Local produce, collards?

New posts
You guys don't get out much, do you? The old saying goes, whatever you do on Jan 01, you will be doing all year.

:eek: I was on Sowal just now.

Collard Greens aren't for good luck. They are for good monetary fortune. Greens = money or financial wealth. Black Eyed Peas are for good luck. I have no idea what Hog Jowl is for.

Salad is green. Does that count? I had ham and eggs for breakfast. Wonder what the lasagna will mean?..............Should I make corn bread? There's still time left. 3 hrs till midnight EST. Help a Yankee out here. :idontno:
 
Last edited:
It's too bad that title companies and banks aren't open on Jan 01. I would love to sell some property for the rest of the year.

Mango, I see no reason why lettuce greens shouldn't count, but only "greens," being Turnip or Collards, would count in my grandparents book. I say, make up your own traditions.

I'm just glad to see UGA winning on Jan 01, and am looking forward to the 2008 season.
 
:eek: I was on Sowal just now.



Salad is green. Does that count? I had ham and eggs for breakfast. Wonder what the lasagna will mean?..............Should I make corn bread? There's still time left. 3 hrs till midnight EST. Help a Yankee out here. :idontno:
Hubby doesn't eat the "greens" either. But he has learned to deal with the rest of it after living with me and my being OCD about New Year's Day food. The worst for him is that he thinks collards smells like seaweed, and he has been to Asia so many times that he had trouble tolerating that smell. Maybe next year I'll try turnip greens -- they're not so fragrant, even though the taste is more bitter IMO. For him I substituted haricots verts with olive oil, garlic salt, and a little lemon juice today.
 
Oh dear. Never ate the peas. Slugged around all day. This is not a good omen. :eek::eek::eek:
 
I got plenty here. Just waiting for them to cool b4 I put 'em up. I'll send you an e-pea, dd. :wub: (anyone else who didn't get any today, just help yourself too) Just eat it like a mud pie. :biggrin::biggrin:
newyeardinlg.jpg
:D
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top