• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Local produce, collards?

New posts
Amen to that, but I was always afraid to use them when I was in college because I didn't want anyone to think that I had emptied the boxes first. So I stuck to apple boxes...
Pure Baptist all the way. :funn: That is exactly how my father would do it. He doesn't even like parking near the liquor store when he goes grocery shopping. (the two share a parking lot.)
 
I think my family figured that if all the liquor packing boxes didn't present an acurrate representation of the new inhabitants, the motley crew toting them would! :biggrin:
 
Stan, I cannot say with certainty where Toni gets her produce. However, just thinking about the boxes, if I were a small farmer, I'd be looking at ways to cut costs, including reusing other produce boxes. If the label stated "Mexican," I'd probably paint over that or stamp it with the correct label, so people know that it was local. I'm not saying that this is the "case" with these packages, but it is a possibility.
Excellent possibility. Recycled boxes in the trash pile.:idontno:
 
I love Toni and Ray...she always tells you what local person she got it from. Her customers bring bags and boxes from their home to recycle. I hope everyone will support this business.
 
Oh good grief. Please compete nicely, at least here.

btw, thanks SJ re the fine-ground cornmeal. Guess I'll have to brave a trip to Kelleys. Now that I think about it, I'll bet Thriftway in DFS has it too. I can send my brother on a mission. :clap:
I am not in the produce or import business so I am not competing at all. Just stating facts.
 
Toni sells more than vegetables. She also sells plants.

My daughter gave me a beauty for Christmas. :wub:​
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top