• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Management Company Experiences

New posts
Welcome Seacrest neighbor! I had a similar experience as you and we also recently switched companies, to Emerald Sun. I can't say whether they are doing a great job or not yet but a change was in order. The problem is, as an owner you really can't afford to not stay on top of everything, even if you have a "management company." No one else will look out for you.

Great website, btw!
 
Sueshore said:
:welcome: SablePoint!!! Good luck in your search!


Paula....do those lightbulbs really last that long? I am so interested in knowing this!!!

I don't know yet because I just put them in Aug/Nov. But none of the long-life ones were out when we were there in late Dec. A few of the non-long-life ones were out and I replaced them. I'm going to order long-life bulbs off the internet for some of the light fixtures that can't really take the ones from Home Depot. It has been my mission this year. I especially like having long-life bulbs on the porches and by the entryway because people sometimes leave these on for long periods of time. I also use the 25-year night lights so I don't have to worry about changing those little light bulbs either (you can get them at Home Depot or Bed Bath and Beyond).
 
Paula said:
I don't know yet because I just put them in Aug/Nov. But none of the long-life ones were out when we were there in late Dec. A few of the non-long-life ones were out and I replaced them. I'm going to order long-life bulbs off the internet for some of the light fixtures that can't really take the ones from Home Depot. It has been my mission this year. I especially like having long-life bulbs on the porches and by the entryway because people sometimes leave these on for long periods of time. I also use the 25-year night lights so I don't have to worry about changing those little light bulbs either (you can get them at Home Depot or Bed Bath and Beyond).

Thanks for enlightening me!!!! Do they come in three way bulbs? The porch idea is a very good one!
 
I have the big ones that go in the recessed ceiling fixtures and the regular-size ones. I got them at Home Depot. The regular size ones don't look like regular light bulbs, so I haven't put them in some of the more conspicious places yet (like over the bathroom sinks). I did see some online that look like regular bulbs and that last 5-6 years and use less energy, so I'll order those. I don't remember if they had the 3-way bulbs. Just check online and I'll be doing the same. I'll know in about a year or two whether they seem to be living up to their promise. Too soon to tell.
 
Unplugged said:
:welcome: SP

Where is your place/ is it currently listed on the web?

We own 2 rental properties in the area, and my experiences are similar to Paula's & BR's.

Hands down, the BEST rental site I've used is findvacationrentals.com. I receive many MORE inquiries/ bookings from this site than any of the other popular sites by a factor of 3:1 or better.

We also have a very healthy referral network in the area. We pass along inquiries to friends & colleagues for weeks where we're already booked.
________________________
For those of you that use a local management company and also advertise on VRBO or findvacationrentals.com, do you post the same rental rates on your individual sites that your management company charges? Or do you have a discounted rate because your management company takes less of a cut when you bring in the rental--realizing that their cut may be a % of their posted rate?
 
I just have a story to share that is conincidental with this thread...

As I'm on my way to Rivard this morning to pre-pay for my November rental, some man in a red Corvette in front of me throws his cigarette out his window, hitting my car. He was obviously also going to Rivard, and after he pulled into the parking lot and stepped out of his car, I said, "You know, you just hit my car when you threw your cigarette out the window." And he said, "Oh, I did?" I said, "Yeah, it was very rude!!" And he walked on past me up the stairs without even an apology! I found out he is the OWNER! I'm still so angry at his nonchalantness that I'm considering cancelling my reservation and asking for the owner's address to let them know why.

My new pet peeve...middle aged litterers who drive corvettes and wear too much cologne!!!
 
Last edited:
Ironic, since all the Rivard rental properties clearly specify "No smoking." Sorry you had this experience. It does not sound like the owner that we know.
 
steeleing1 said:
I just have a story to share that is conincidental with this thread...

As I'm on my way to Rivard this morning to pre-pay for my November rental, some man in a red Corvette in front of me throws his cigarette out his window, hitting my car. He was obviously also going to Rivard, and after he pulled into the parking lot and stepped out of his car, I said, "You know, you just hit my car when you threw your cigarette out the window." And he said, "Oh, I did?" I said, "Yeah, it was very rude!!" And he walked on past me up the stairs without even an apology! I found out he is the OWNER! I'm still so angry at his nonchalantness that I'm considering cancelling my reservation and asking for the owner's address to let them know why.

My new pet peeve...middle aged litterers who drive corvettes and wear too much cologne!!!

I would certainly write a letter of complaint first. I'm sure Rivard would find it in their best business interest to know that they've ticked off a prospective customer enough to make her consider cancelling a reservation. Who knows? Maybe this guy's inconsiderate behavior has cost them other business as well. If you've been otherwise happy with this company, I'd give them an opportunity to formally apologise.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top