• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Mass Transit

New posts
Really? I don't remember anything like that.

This is where the DeFuniak Herald would come in handy, if it was online, so I could search it. I will ask around and see if I can find some details. I believe the guy even approached the BCC and the TDC for supplemental funding, the whole thing was to relieve traffic on 30-A.
 
So it was a funding issue?

If I remember it was a poor economic model issue. The only way it would pay would be with government subsidies. So the case would have had to be made that subsidizing this private entity was more cost effective then solving the traffic problem.

Maybe that is when they just ordered another consultant study to see about the problem. And of course now it is worse.
 
I found the following in a Feb 22, 2000 meeting. I guess this Spencer has some sort of a franchise in sowal for this service.



Attorney Mike Chesser, representing Mr. Gary Spencer and the Grayton Trolley Franchise, appeared before the Board and explained Amendment I to the franchise. Mr. Chesser read the franchise terms which stated the expiration of the first term of the franchise is amended to April, 2010, thereafter, the term will be extended for a minimum term of two additional ten year renewals, unless evidence is provided that the franchise should not be extended. Attorney Miller stated that a public hearing will be held before each renewal is granted, advising that it is not an automatic renewal.
 
One hurdle to jump with a mass transit in SoWal is the issue of wet, sandy seats.

The County has been avoiding this problem for a long time, and it will be one of those, oops when they realize the problem should have been addressed five years before they actually do something about it.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top