• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Mediacom Issues

New posts
My speeds are all over the map. Three speedtests today have all produced vastly different results.
From .36mbps to 10.15mbps... Thing is, at all those times, I was unable to load even simple websites.
 
After 2 years of Mediacon, all I can say is DSL is your friend. Centurylink, $30/month tacked on to my phone bill, 3 Mbps = speedy internet, no problems with streaming Netflix instant, and it NEVER goes out. (Man, did I just jinx myself or what?? I'm knocking on everything wood...)
 
Is this still happening this morning?

I had guests from Cassine call me between 5:00 - 7:00 central yesterday (Monday) and they couldn't get through to some web sites, while others they could but it seemed slow. Simple pings seemed to work (usually). Ran speedtest several times all with speeds around 7Mbps so it didn't sound like a connectivity issue, but the intermittent web site responses continued, despite rebooting routers and computers.

Mediacom wasn't reporting any service issues in the area on their web site, far as I could tell.
 
Doesn't seem to be a problem this morning. It was spotty and slow as molasses yesterday. My usual 12Mbps connection was down to 4.5Mbps, which MediaCON says is unacceptable.

Carol G, 3Mbps is about the speed of my phone being used as a tethered modem. Seems really slow compared to 12Mbps, even though it "never goes out." I'm surprised you are able to stream movies at that speed.
 
BTW, MediaCON never reports any service issues in our area. I guess doing so messes up their statistics and bragging points.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top