• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Mickey Rourke... love him!

New posts
gotta see this again - along with several others.
we actually went to the theater/paid good $$ to see this one... (harley davidson and the marlboro man - rourke and don johnson:biggrin:).

YouTube - Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man trailer
wow, I never knew about this movie! I'll have to see if I can find it, to watch alone. Mr JR won't be interested. :lol: (wonder what Don J. looks like now. :shock:)

It's so sad to see Mickey R. in such disrepair but I do have renewed respect for him. Seriously, what the hell HAPPENED to him? His face - bad plastic surgery? Lots of very heavy partying? When we saw The Wrestler last Sat., Mr. JR thought it was special effects makeup. But I knew it was the real thing. Even his voice is shot. He is very interesting to say the least.
 
wow, I never knew about this movie! I'll have to see if I can find it, to watch alone. Mr JR won't be interested. :lol: (wonder what Don J. looks like now. :shock:)

It's so sad to see Mickey R. in such disrepair but I do have renewed respect for him. Seriously, what the hell HAPPENED to him? His face - bad plastic surgery? Lots of very heavy partying? When we saw The Wrestler last Sat., Mr. JR thought it was special effects makeup. But I knew it was the real thing. Even his voice is shot. He is very interesting to say the least.

amateur and professional boxing, extensive reconstructive plastic surgeries, and hard living in general. he's just a tough guy. I recently read that he turned down the role in Pulp Fiction played by Bruce Willis. those guys kind of looked alike then (mickey much cooler). Bruce has pampered and preserved his face in comparison.

in "harley", mickey's character said "I would rather be dead and cool than alive and uncool". kind of describes what I envision he was like in real life. kind of a dumbass. but he admits it.


How Rourke Fought Back From the Edge (cnn)
 
Last edited:
I LOVED Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man!! Loved them both. :wub::wub::wub:
They were hot.
 
I LOVED Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man!! Loved them both. :wub::wub::wub:
They were hot.

ha! we had to see it and so we did. both dudes were favorites. I need to find that movie and watch again. It was one of those movies that was pretty bad but just great anyway. bikers, rough necks, tough guys, action, hotness rolled into a cheeseball film.
 
you can't get more bad ass than patrick swayze in roadhouse.:floor:

Yeah.
Does anyone remember him in that mini-series, North and South?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top