• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

More Spring Breakers than ever in SoWal

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mermaid said:
We do the Es-car-go. Must be a Midwestern thing to bring everything but the kitchen sink to the beach. :oops:
Well, we take a lot, but I get the idea it's only a fraction of the stuff found on The List Jen-ay makes. But I also have a feeling once I see it, I'll probably convert.
 
peapod1980 said:
So, do you think what you save on taking all that food with you is worth the extra gas needed to pull the UHaul?

Ha ha- you laugh now seesta, but when you need that EVOO, or toasted pecans, or wooden skewers, or gallon size baggies, don't come whining to me!

Wish I was making THE list right now.:roll:
 
jdarg said:
Ha ha- you laugh now seesta, but when you need that EVOO, or toasted pecans, or wooden skewers, or gallon size baggies, don't come whining to me!

Wish I was making THE list right now.:roll:

You may be shocked, but you can really buy all of those items here in SoWal!
 
jdarg said:
Ha ha- you laugh now seesta, but when you need that EVOO, or toasted pecans, or wooden skewers, or gallon size baggies, don't come whining to me!

Wish I was making THE list right now.:roll:
Go ahead and start; it's so comprehensive--from what I understand--I'll need to start now to have everything by June!
 
peapod1980 said:
Go ahead and start; it's so comprehensive--from what I understand--I'll need to start now to have everything by June![/QUOTE

Stop- you are stressing me out. I should be packed by now!:blink: :floor:
 
kathydwells said:
Come on spill it John R, with details. :lol:
If you all had paid attention :biggrin: in the threads where we answered questions about ourselves JR was pretty straight forward as to his past:cool: he was no angel...but then wtf is??( as in who) he sounds great to me!...weathered alot of storms
 
Camp Creek Kid said:
You may be shocked, but you can really buy all of those items here in SoWal!

I know that. I just don't want to spend beach time walking up and down the aisle at Publix! I grit my teeth every second that I am there and not hanging with the kids on the beach.
 
jdarg said:
I know that. I just don't want to spend beach time walking up and down the aisle at Publix! I grit my teeth every second that I am there and not hanging with the kids on the beach.

Amen. Same reason we pack everything but the kitchen sink. Our owners closet looks like a supermarket!
 
My husband and I are not spring breakers but are tourists at Inlet Beach every year. We have on occasion gone to the Winn Dixie on PC Beach Parkway to shop. What a mistake! And you are right, between 4 and 5 on Saturday all the tourists are in the stores shopping for their stay that have just gotten into town. You cannot move anywhere down the aisles. I prefer the Walmart Supercenter. Not near as crowded and plenty of checkouts open. We stopped and picked up some bread and cereal and milk and something for sandwiches and chips Saturday afternoon to tide us over until Sunday and then we hit Walmart. Sure was a difference. I do not live there and even I do not like the aisles being totally blocked with people leaving their baskets in the middle where you cannot get around. I at least have the courtesy to move my basket to one side. Would not come near the place ever during spring break time!
 
ladydebubba60 said:
My husband and I are not spring breakers but are tourists at Inlet Beach every year. We have on occasion gone to the Winn Dixie on PC Beach Parkway to shop. What a mistake! And you are right, between 4 and 5 on Saturday all the tourists are in the stores shopping for their stay that have just gotten into town. You cannot move anywhere down the aisles. I prefer the Walmart Supercenter. Not near as crowded and plenty of checkouts open. We stopped and picked up some bread and cereal and milk and something for sandwiches and chips Saturday afternoon to tide us over until Sunday and then we hit Walmart. Sure was a difference. I do not live there and even I do not like the aisles being totally blocked with people leaving their baskets in the middle where you cannot get around. I at least have the courtesy to move my basket to one side. Would not come near the place ever during spring break time!
Ladydebubba, you need to check out the new Publix on the west end of PCB. It is there normal size store as opposed to the 20,000sf Publix at WaterColor. ;-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top