• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

More Spring Breakers than ever in SoWal

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amp22 said:
That's what the cashier at Publix said.
Which is good for business. Right?
 
John R said:
based on my visit there last night, the cashier's right. lucky for me, i get to travel to destin this morning :banging:

jr
If you thought Publix was busy last night, you should go people watching (not grocery shopping) at Publx on Sat evening about 4-5pm. Now that is crazy. The problem isn't so much that many people are there shopping (although it is a problem), but that so many people are inconsiderate and stop there buggies in the middle of the isles along with all of the people who came with them to the beach. Picture 5-6 people in groups down each and every isle blocking the way with a dazed look on their faces, wondering what groceries to buy for the entire group to eat and enjoy. :bang:

Please, people, make a list, take no more than two people grocery shopping, be considerate - you are not the only one living in the world, park buggies to one side of the isle (not in the middle and not staggard with the other buggies on your isle blocking all foot and buggy traffic), and take notice of other shoppers whom you are blocking.

Now, if only the rude, self-centered people were reading SoWal.com. I know that on SoWal, I am preaching to the exceptions.;-)

FYI- If you need only beer, milk, and eggs when you go shopping on Spring Break, you are probably in college or high school.
 
Smiling JOe said:
If you thought Publix was busy last night, you should go people watching (not grocery shopping) at Publx on Sat evening about 4-5pm. Now that is crazy. The problem isn't so much that many people are there shopping (although it is a problem), but that so many people are inconsiderate and stop there buggies in the middle of the isles along with all of the people who came with them to the beach. Picture 5-6 people in groups down each and every isle blocking the way with a dazed look on their faces, wondering what groceries to buy for the entire group to eat and enjoy. :bang:

Please, people, make a list, take no more than two people grocery shopping, be considerate - you are not the only one living in the world, park buggies to one side of the isle (not in the middle and not staggard with the other buggies on your isle blocking all foot and buggy traffic), and take notice of other shoppers whom you are blocking.

Totally with you SJ. One of my big pet peeves is people taking the whole family (with little kids running all over) shopping anywhere to places like Target or Publix. If you don't know what kind of cereal your spouse likes, then you are in big trouble. Cell phones -- for last minute list updates -- are a big help with this, even if people do have steering problems while trying to talk and push the cart at the same time. There is NOTHING worse than someone stopping the cart in the middle of the aisle to "ponder" a label.

Alas, I think here you are preaching to the choir! I think a lot of people who are on vacation just have that dreaded "vacation mentality."
 
Beach Runner said:
Maybe it would help people get in and out of Publix faster if they knew the layout.
OMG, that is great :floor:, although it took me a moment to figure it out, and I shop there 2-3 times per week.

I have learned not to expect greatness from the tourists, but I do expect decent (at least half-way decent) behavior.

FYI- just because you own a second home, or rent a second home at the beach, it does not keep you from bruising when you dart out from behind a parked car onto 30-A, esp when you are not in a crosswalk, and when you are on a bicycle.

Fyi- When on the road, a bicycle is supposed to follow the rules of the road, not the rules of a pedistrian. ;-)

I think I am going to Alaska for a few weeks. ...Naaa, it's too cold up there. :D
 
This is a pdf from an Excel spreadsheet that I use to type in my grocery list. That way I don't end up going up and down every aisle repeatedly. Saves me a lot of time.
 
Hate to tell you, but it's not going to let up for a while. :bang: Midwest schools break for the spring in early April, and I know my Atlanta brother is looking at the same time frame for his kids.

Merman and I are coming down in April and most definitely will be making lots of Publix runs. So will Sueshore. I promise if Miss Kitty and I go shopping together, we will be considerate. ;-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top