• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Mosquito control...

New posts
DD,

What did you use and did it work?

Has anyone tried the citronella that you attach to the end of your hose and spray over your yard as a repellent?

.

I haven't bought anything yet...got distracted. I have been looking at bat houses though and they're pretty pricey too. Then I looked at building one, and I see why. Pretty complicated to build. Maybe SJ's done that too and can offer some suggestions on a simpler design. Went to a party at the neighbor's behind me last weekend and she just used the candles and other things that look like spiral incense. They worked pretty well...I didn't get any bites. Will keep you advised......think this rain will ever stop?
 
Smashed my first mosquito of the season today. :bang: This is going to be a stellar season for these pests...wet, wet, wet.
 
Smashed my first mosquito of the season today. :bang: This is going to be a stellar season for these pests...wet, wet, wet.

No kiddin! I'm starting to mold. :eek:
 
:lol:

I think there's an old bat house around Weston Gardens.. Used to be $50. Could probably talk us down on that one! :rolling: As far as I know it's still good, just not sure where the heck it is ......

.

I'll take it--when you find it!!
 
DD, I pm'd this to you but wanted to share with everyone else... that I have not pm'd it to yet.:biggrin:

http://www.thebestcontrol.com/tvedten.htm

http://www.thebestcontrol.com/chapter-23/Chapter23.pdf

http://www.thebestcontrol.com/bugstop/bugstops.pdf

Yes, he is selling a product. But he gives 100's of pages of good info above and beyond his product, plus recommending other products and simple solutions on the market, and he's got the experience on both sides of the fence to back it up.

And for all the naysayers, he's got this:
http://www.thebestcontrol.com/physicians_guide/toc.htm
For extra information regarding all of the side effects and what is and isn't a poisoning, just for MDs.
 
Last edited:
DD, I pm'd this to you but wanted to share with everyone else... that I have not pm'd it to yet.:biggrin:

http://www.thebestcontrol.com/tvedten.htm

http://www.thebestcontrol.com/chapter-23/Chapter23.pdf

http://www.thebestcontrol.com/bugstop/bugstops.pdf

Yes, he is selling a product. But he gives 100's of pages of good info above and beyond his product, plus recommending other products and simple solutions on the market, and he's got the experience on both sides of the fence to back it up.

And for all the naysayers, he's got this:
http://www.thebestcontrol.com/physicians_guide/toc.htm
For extra information regarding all of the side effects and what is and isn't a poisoning, just for MDs.

I imagine I am the naysayer. ;-)
I am no naysayer, just somebody who thinks information should be worth two cents and not junk, and OM, it looks like you just provided some useful info. By the way, I always advocate writing down poison control's phone number and posting it in a designated place in case of an emergency. It is 1-800-222-1222, and as far as I know it the same for every state in the Union:cool:
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top