• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

NCAA Battlezone

New posts
Dang, the Georgia Tech game tonight is a "Whiteout" (a.k.a., we're supposed to wear white.) It'll be easy for one of the two guys who sit near us. One wears a white suit/shirt/tie/bowler hat (the other wears the same thing, but in gold). I don't have a white coat. Ditto for hubby. It'll be 41 (but feel like 35 due to the wind) in the fourth quarter.:eek:

Guess we'll go early and buy really-heavy white Tech sweatshirts at the bookstore.:idontno:

Go Jackets (even though I think Miami will win)!

BR, two words: THERMAL UNDIES. Upper and lower. Don't forget gloves, too.

And, just for tonight, Go Jackets.
 
WAR DAMM EAGLE!!! A British take on the most holy of sporting events

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcWfSN9eC7A"]YouTube - British Television profiles the Auburn vs Alabama game[/ame]
 
Great, great accomplishment for Bobby Johnson and the 'dores. Heck, if they beat UT (likely, IMO), they could actually be in line for a mid-level SEC tie-in game.

I think it would be really cool for their fans if they got to play in the Music City Bowl. Not much of a trip, but it sure would beat Birmingham, Shreveport or Memphis.

I couldn't think of a better team for the Music City Bowl. They deserve it!!!

Who ya with?

VANDY!
 
BR, two words: THERMAL UNDIES. Upper and lower. Don't forget gloves, too.

And, just for tonight, Go Jackets.
Actually I ended up wearing a white sweater with a white turtleneck under it. I took my black puffy coat, but never needed it because it didn't seem cold to me. I think it was because I was jumping up and down so much that I stayed warm (and also hurt my knee :lol:).

The guy who usually wears the gold suit had on white jeans and an imprinted "Georgia Tech Whiteout" t-shirt. He said it was the first Tech game he's ever been to without the gold suit on.:idontno:

We had funn at the game. Got a few texts from Darlene.:clap:
 
OK, my team's season may have gone in the toilet, but...

Myron Rolle has been named a Rhodes Scholar! :clap:

Third one from FSU in the last five years...and far as I know, the first football player from our school to achieve that honor. :D

Waiting to see if all the newspapers in the State of Florida deem this as newsworthy as when one of our players gets in trouble...:roll:

Congrats Myron! Have a safe flight to DC!!
 
DD, I thought Wake had won when they went up 21-16. Then that great series by BC. Oh, well. Congratulations!:clap:

And only Skunky got the LSU game correct.:wave:
 
DD, I thought Wake had won when they went up 21-16. Then that great series by BC. Oh, well. Congratulations!:clap:

And only Skunky got the LSU game correct.:wave:

I don't know what you guys were thinking, that was one of the easiest picks on the board!

By the way, I totally forgot to add the Vandy-Tennessee game-sorry:blush:
 
OK, my team's season may have gone in the toilet, but...

Myron Rolle has been named a Rhodes Scholar! :clap:

Third one from FSU in the last five years...and far as I know, the first football player from our school to achieve that honor. :D

Waiting to see if all the newspapers in the State of Florida deem this as newsworthy as when one of our players gets in trouble...:roll:

Congrats Myron! Have a safe flight to DC!!
That is just awesome. :clap:
 
OK, so we lost. I have no voice, and our clothes smell like wet dogs this morning.

But the primary reason that I enjoy attending the FSU/UF game is, win or lose, at either campus, it never fails to remind me how absolutely fortunate my family and I are to have chosen to attend and become ardent supporters of Florida State University. :D

Now, Roll Tide. :cool:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top