• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Need Babysitters - DESPERATE

New posts

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
As kind and as nice as everyone here is it has been my limited experience that parents guard their babysitters here like they were liquid gold.

Can anyone on this board offer some suggestions/referrals. Be honest, be blunt and let me know if the names you suggest have been tried and tested. I haev a feeling this link will help so many people.

Also, I live here full time (luck me!!!) so would appreciate mostly names of people who also live here. Many thanks in advance.
 
Chickpea said:
As kind and as nice as everyone here is it has been my limited experience that parents guard their babysitters here like they were liquid gold.

Can anyone on this board offer some suggestions/referrals. Be honest, be blunt and let me know if the names you suggest have been tried and tested. I haev a feeling this link will help so many people.

Also, I live here full time (luck me!!!) so would appreciate mostly names of people who also live here. Many thanks in advance.
I know of one, but she requires truthful, detailed knowledge of your kids, before she would ever say yes. :funn:
 
Smiling JOe said:
I know of one, but she requires truthful, detailed knowledge of your kids, before she would ever say yes. :funn:
I would only be truthful - spill name and number please......you are not getting off the hook
 
Chickpea said:
As kind and as nice as everyone here is it has been my limited experience that parents guard their babysitters here like they were liquid gold.

Can anyone on this board offer some suggestions/referrals. Be honest, be blunt and let me know if the names you suggest have been tried and tested. I haev a feeling this link will help so many people.

Also, I live here full time (luck me!!!) so would appreciate mostly names of people who also live here. Many thanks in advance.
I know one but I would have to kill you if I told you.
 
Seriously, pm me your name and number and I will forward it to her. She will call you if she is interested. Not being snooty. She is a busy person and always trying to please people, sometimes taking on more work than she should. ;-)
 
Chickpea said:
As kind and as nice as everyone here is it has been my limited experience that parents guard their babysitters here like they were liquid gold.

Can anyone on this board offer some suggestions/referrals. Be honest, be blunt and let me know if the names you suggest have been tried and tested. I haev a feeling this link will help so many people.

Also, I live here full time (luck me!!!) so would appreciate mostly names of people who also live here. Many thanks in advance.

I don't know if this is true in SoWal, but here, if you call your parish church, they will share their list of babysitters. Mostly high school teens or retired grandmas.

Speaking of which, were is the SoWal high school? I know where the grade school on 30-A is, but that's all.
 
Mermaid said:
I don't know if this is true in SoWal, but here, if you call your parish church, they will share their list of babysitters. Mostly high school teens or retired grandmas.

Speaking of which, were is the SoWal high school? I know where the grade school on 30-A is, but that's all.

It's on 331 just south of the bridge.
 
FoX said:
It's on 331 just south of the bridge.

Thanks. I know where you're talking about. The high school might be another source of babysitters, too, if you put a little ad in the school newspaper. Teachers could provide references.
 
Chickpea said:
As kind and as nice as everyone here is it has been my limited experience that parents guard their babysitters here like they were liquid gold.

Can anyone on this board offer some suggestions/referrals. Be honest, be blunt and let me know if the names you suggest have been tried and tested. I haev a feeling this link will help so many people.

Also, I live here full time (luck me!!!) so would appreciate mostly names of people who also live here. Many thanks in advance.


I have no idea and I would love a good dependable babysitter! don't know if I want a teen though.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top