• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Need cookie recepes

New posts
Current holiday cookie inventory at casa mouse:

chocolate chip
peanut butter chip/chocolate
snickerdoodle
chocolate snowball
oatmeal scotchie

We might end up doing some sugar cookie cutouts when my sister hits town.
 
:wub:
WOW! 12 Days of Cookies...iwishyouweremymom!!
Since you've listed some of my *all-time favorite cookies
(truly...is there anything more superb & sublime than a Snickerdoodle??)
I know I want to try your recipes for a couple more:
Lemon Snowballs & Pecan Tarts

:wave:

:biggrin:glad you liked the list. I will post recipes of those you requested later tonight when I finally arrive home....after 8:bang:

The Lemon Snowballs are tart and sweet, one of my very favorites. The Pecan Tarts, my family has made for years.:wub:

If you are brave, send me your address as you might get included in the next round of cookies. ;-) I have another Sowaller that I mail to on occasion.

The youngest gull loves homemade cookies, so I try to send some every 2 months. I also try to give away any I do not send her as I have no need to eat 4 dozen cookies myself!:yikes:
 
Here they are!!

Lemon Snowballs

1/2 c. butter(no substitutes),softened
2/3 c. sugar
1 egg
1/4 c. lemon juice
1 T grated lemon peel
1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cream of tarter
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. finely chopped almonds(sometimes I omit)

Mix butter, sugar and egg until well blended. Add lemon juice and peel. Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tarter and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Add almonds. IMPORTANT STEP!! Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 3 hours or overnight. Roll into 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 10-12 min or until bottoms are lightly browned(cookies will not brown on top). Remove immediately to wire racks; cool for 5 minutes, then roll in confectioners' sugar. Makes about 3 doz.


Pecan Tarts

Filling:
1 egg
1 T. melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. nuts

Crust:
1 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter,softened
1 c. plain flour

Mix cream cheese, butter, and flour by hand. Roll into 1-inch balls. Refrigerate to cool. Once dough is cool, use mini tart pans and place a dough ball into each muffin opening. Using fingers form individual crust.
Mix filling ingredients and fill each crust with a spoonful of filling. Bake at 350 for aobut 20 minutes or until golden brown. Makes about 24 mini pecan pies.

Enjoy!!!
 
:wub:

:biggrin:glad you liked the list. I will post recipes of those you requested later tonight when I finally arrive home....after 8:bang:

The Lemon Snowballs are tart and sweet, one of my very favorites. The Pecan Tarts, my family has made for years.:wub:

If you are brave, send me your address as you might get included in the next round of cookies. ;-) I have another Sowaller that I mail to on occasion.

The youngest gull loves homemade cookies, so I try to send some every 2 months. I also try to give away any I do not send her as I have no need to eat 4 dozen cookies myself!:yikes:

Dune-ahh, trust me, you want on this list!;-)
 
Here they are!!

Lemon Snowballs

1/2 c. butter(no substitutes),softened
2/3 c. sugar
1 egg
1/4 c. lemon juice
1 T grated lemon peel
1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cream of tarter
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. finely chopped almonds(sometimes I omit)

Mix butter, sugar and egg until well blended. Add lemon juice and peel. Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tarter and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Add almonds. IMPORTANT STEP!! Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 3 hours or overnight. Roll into 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 10-12 min or until bottoms are lightly browned(cookies will not brown on top). Remove immediately to wire racks; cool for 5 minutes, then roll in confectioners' sugar. Makes about 3 doz.


Pecan Tarts

Filling:
1 egg
1 T. melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. nuts

Crust:
1 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter,softened
1 c. plain flour

Mix cream cheese, butter, and flour by hand. Roll into 1-inch balls. Refrigerate to cool. Once dough is cool, use mini tart pans and place a dough ball into each muffin opening. Using fingers form individual crust.
Mix filling ingredients and fill each crust with a spoonful of filling. Bake at 350 for aobut 20 minutes or until golden brown. Makes about 24 mini pecan pies.

Enjoy!!!

Dune-ahh, trust me, you want on this list!;-)


:drool:After seeing these, I so want on the list too!!:biggrin: I think I'll be making both of those recipes this weekend or next week.
 
:drool:After seeing these, I so want on the list too!!:biggrin: I think I'll be making both of those recipes this weekend or next week.

Send the address!!!! Once they are made, it is a matter of shipping:biggrin:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top