• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Need SoWal restaurant recommendation

New posts
Good question, shaken. I know The Lake Place takes reservations, but unless it is something new, Stinky's did not.

So the hostess was just ignoring me when the phone rang and she started flipping through the big book that said "Reservations" on it?
 
So the hostess was just ignoring me when the phone rang and she started flipping through the big book that said "Reservations" on it?

Huh - you learn something new every day, I guess. It would have been neat if the reservationist had mentioned this the last three times I stopped in, found out there was a 2 hour wait and left. She even recognized me from the old place.

Has anyone done this with success - made a reservation and then not had to wait for a table?
 
So the hostess was just ignoring me when the phone rang and she started flipping through the big book that said "Reservations" on it?

Huh - you learn something new every day, I guess. It would have been neat if the reservationist had mentioned this the last three times I stopped in, found out there was a 2 hour wait and left. She even recognized me from the old place.

Has anyone done this with success - made a reservation and then not had to wait for a table?

I am familiar with that 2 hour wait as well. I just checked their website & it said "No Reservations". Perhaps the hostess was taking reservations for Lake Place. Or maybe you need a secret password to get a reservation. :idontno:
 
Need Help Too

Stinky's website does say no reservations. I have a group of 10 to take out on an upcoming Thursday night. The next day is a very full day of business presentations, so I was looking for something fun and casual. I called Stinky's and they said that we would definitely have a wait, possibly lengthy. With that many people, some of whom I have never met, that's too risky.

All of the suggestions look good, but since I am looking for a large group, does anything jump out as a fun place to go? We don't really need privacy, and a band would be great, but not a must. Also, if it's not in the top three in terms of cost, that would be a plus.
 
Hibiscus Cafe in Grayton for breakfast... waffle wonderful... waffle topped w/chunky peanut butter, fresh fruit, coconut, pecans & honey. Multi grain pancakes.. w/fresh bb, bananas, choco chips, pecans... some of it, all of it or plain. Spinach & Feta Frittata, Artichoke w/mushroom & tomato frittata, Mexican Quiche.. black beans, green chiles, corn & tomotoes... Oatmeal.. topped w/fresh fruit, brown sugar & pecans w/organic 3 seed toast... fresh fruit smoothies...biscuits & soysage gravy... vegan bake... cinnamon roll french toast... and more...... All cooked and served with LOVE!

Yes, yes, yes! The Hibiscus breakfast is the best. I had the most wonderful time over a solo Thanksgiving holiday 2008, and Cheri and the entire crew took care of me every morning. And, the COFFEE is FANTASTIC! Hugs from Austin - Jenny
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top