Surfrider28
Beach Comber
Another vote Avast.
So would your current recommendation for Windows 7 be MSE/Malware Bytes/Spy Bot?I have been an AVG / Malware Bytes / SpyBot guy for a very very long time. I have found that these in combination far out perform Norton, McAfee, and others. Recently though, I started using Microsoft Security Essentials. It is working fantastic on my systems, and on all of my client's computers. It is free and can be downloaded at http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/
So would your current recommendation for Windows 7 be MSE/Malware Bytes/Spy Bot?
Yeah, that is a nasty little bugger. I would boot to safe mode (assuming it hasn't been disabled) with networking. Install Malware Bytes. Run a full system scan. Then go back, install combofix.exe and run it as well. Then do the same with SpyBot. That should get it. If you can't get it or don't have time, feel free to let me know and I will help you with it. I deal with that virus on a daily basis.
Our organization pushed out VIPRE to the entire campus last summer. So far IT is very pleased with it.
Yep, it's a little $astard. I'll try your fix. I don't understand why Norton 360 isn't catching it.