• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

New Inlet

New posts

emeraldcoastdav

Beach Lover
Who do I have to call to get a jetty built at Western Lakes' outlet and then a boat access and trailer parking?

Share the pros and cons all.
 
pro -- maybe the water would be deep enough that the kids would no longer catch and torture the crabs.
 
Last edited:
Not legal under the present county codes which do not allow any armoring at the dune lake outlets. Those outlets are meant to open and close and meander - a permanent structure such as you are proposing would completely alter the lake ecology. I would suggest you educate yourself about coastal dune lakes and also the effects of jetties on beach erosion.
This is a terrible idea. :bang:
 
We all know it is a crazy idea and bad for the lake but one can sure dream... I am still in favor of building up the second sand bar like a reef. This would be great for surfing, fishing and help deflect wave energy off the beach! Of course, I am a little tainted and bias!
 
I think a stone reef would be great all around.It would slow the storm surge create a great fishing environment and one heck of a wave. And would be cheaper than rebuilding the beaches every time we have storm. I think.:clap:
 
Are you CRAZY!!!!!!!

Was this once "crazy" at all the other jetty locations around fl?
I know these jetties are "man maintained" and likely would have opened and closed through the years, as storms have passed, if they were not. Why is it possible in all the other locations in fl.
What would the benefits to our community be, including the tremendous recreational perks Bobby J. mentioned?
Would it, or the serious mention of it, spark another real estate boom?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top