• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

New Road named...

New posts
Actually, I don't think the road is new, just the sign.
ok then my bad, I thought it was new since people were making a "fuss" over it. Or I guess it is who it is named after.
 
I think Bobby intended to type, "between 283 and 331."I noticed the sign today. I laughed. I think it is such a nice name for a road which leads to some truly beautiful property. I am just glad it's a blue sign (privately maintained).


Correct. I meant 283. It is a "newly" paved road.
 
Yes, the road has been there a while. It's a private road through the public state forest, and has electricity, water and sewer run along it all the way to the bay. It really seems like overkill for the few lots that make up the Estuary at the end of that road - it also seems like those lots could have been reached from 331 or Bay Dr.

If someone is going to develop more of that land that is now public forest, though, it's perfect.

I did not know that Mr. Harris had anything to do with the Estuary. Why is it so "perfect" that the road is named after him?
 
Actually, I don't think the road is new, just the sign.
The road was actually one of two jeeps trails that go thru the state forest. It lead to the bay and the private property back there while the other winds around to Bay Dr. The Forestry dept. maintains the one to Bay Dr. now to be used for wildfire access/firebreaks should they ever need to. But when those trails were first cleared the property belonged to SJPC. Did any oldtimer manage to get one of those yellow concrete markers with "SJPC" on it? (That could probably be sold back to them for a nice profit for a museum or info center that I am sure they will build one day).
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top