• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

No Granite or Stainless

New posts
20 years from now, granite and stainless will be a cliche like formica and harvest gold appliances....save the money for travel/retirement, or send it to me as a consulting fee

...not 20 years from now--NOW. Granite and stainless steel (and Pergo) scream "Housing Bubble" house.


.
 
20 years from now, granite and stainless will be a cliche like formica and harvest gold appliances....save the money for travel/retirement, or send it to me as a consulting fee

Cliche? I currently have 50-year-old countertops--Formica with stainless edges. They would be fine except that years of cleaning has taken the zip out of the formica. I just want something that will last as long as those (and my 50-year-old stainless steel sink!)
 
Cliche? I currently have 50-year-old countertops--Formica with stainless edges. They would be fine except that years of cleaning has taken the zip out of the formica. I just want something that will last as long as those (and my 50-year-old stainless steel sink!)

If you were the original owner of the 50-year Formica countertop, you may want to consider granite and save a few bucks by recycling it on down the line.


.
 
If you were the original owner of the 50-year Formica countertop, you may want to consider granite and save a few bucks by recycling it on down the line.


.

Huh? Am I recycling the Formica? My grandparents (long deceased) were the original owners.

Granite would look really funny in my kitchen. It's a simple farmhouse-type kitchen with plain cabinets and the original red oak floors. I even have the original door in the kitchen, which uses one of those big old keys. I thought about wood countertops, even, but it just doesn't seem sanitary. Tile is just too...tile. Formica is too 1970-something, and my kitchen is 1956. No granite for me. I want metal.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top