• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Officers at Hwy 98 intersections

New posts
Re: Officers

FoX said:
I think it takes a year to get around to it then about 2 weeks to make it and install it. :roll:
That is my thoughts exactly. I think I could take some engineering classes, design and build these things in the amount of time these "professionals" are allowed. "It ain't rocket science," as one friend of mine always says.
 
We could use recycled goal post from FSU, UF or Auburn and weld them together to make the pole. Would that work? At UGA we can not afford new posts, we are using our money to bond out our players so they can play this fall.

As for the officers, why not just put dummies in the cars. They work cheaper than off duty officers.
 
Y'all are ready to take the stage at the Fourth of July comedy event at Seaside. Thanks for the laughs after the stress of the news of the day.
 
hutch said:
We could use recycled goal post from FSU, UF or Auburn and weld them together to make the pole. Would that work? At UGA we can not afford new posts, we are using our money to bond out our players so they can play this fall.

As for the officers, why not just put dummies in the cars. They work cheaper than off duty officers.
Hutch, I think the goal posts idea would work. My friend says that the Sheriff's Office should park empty cars at the intersections, but if they did that, the off duty officers would not be able to get great pay for surfing the internet all day, or whatever it is they are looking at on their computers -- maybe they are watching DVDs. I have never seen one look up yet. Recently, I thought about pulling up behind one of their cars, and scaring the bageezers out of them, but then my motivation for not going to the hospital kicked in so I refrained.
 
Smiling JOe said:
I thought about pulling up behind one of their cars, and scaring the bageezers out of them, but then my motivation for not going to the hospital kicked in so I refrained.

I have never seen cops more in the mood to give tickets than when they are mad and/or embarassed. Go ahead . . . :floor:
 
Smiling JOe said:
Hutch, I think the goal posts idea would work. My friend says that the Sheriff's Office should park empty cars at the intersections, but if they did that, the off duty officers would not be able to get great pay for surfing the internet all day, or whatever it is they are looking at on their computers -- maybe they are watching DVDs.

Considering how little those guys make in ordinary salary, (last I heard, somewhere in the low to mid 20s) and how expensive it can be to live here, if the cops can get some extra overtime money, good for them!
 
beachmouse said:
Considering how little those guys make in ordinary salary, (last I heard, somewhere in the low to mid 20s) and how expensive it can be to live here, if the cops can get some extra overtime money, good for them!

I agree, as long as it's not coming out of my pocket --
 
beachmouse said:
Considering how little those guys make in ordinary salary, (last I heard, somewhere in the low to mid 20s) and how expensive it can be to live here, if the cops can get some extra overtime money, good for them!
I hear ya. I don't know how the Police Officers and Firefighters survive around here, nurses too. I guess the list could grow out of control, but I will stop there. I appreciate having all those folks around. That said, it would be much cheaper to erect a traffic light. I have not added the math, but a traffic light will cost only around $100K each (and one thoughtful developer has agreed to pay for one signal a long time ago)
Please correct me if I error.
4 officers (2 at Hwy 283 and 2 at Hwy 395) around the clock at :idontno: can we say $20 per hour? for one year. We won't calculate in FICA for these purposes.
4 ppl x $20/hr x 24 hrs/day x 7 days/wk x 52.14 wks/yr

... and, we have the DOT(Dept of Transportation) to thank for dragging their feet on this one. I am glad the Sheriff had the guts to step up and take action. At the rate we were going, the number of crashes at those two intersections over a year in time would probably add up to be well over $1Million of banged up sheet metal alone. Add to that medical bills, investigator's time, and human lives. Thank goodness for the Sheriff's Office. I just wish they would write some tickets for these guys going 60mph through that 45mph speed limit zone. Someone in Grayton use to put out a sign, "Slow down, you're here." Take note.

= $700,761 per year :shock: :shock: :shock: :blink: I told you. :wink:
 
Last edited:
Smiling JOe said:
I hear ya. I don't know how the Police Officers and Firefighters survive around here, nurses too. I guess the list could grow out of control, but I will stop there. I appreciate having all those folks around. That said, it would be much cheaper to erect a traffic light. I have not added the math, but a traffic light will cost only around $100K each (and one thoughtful developer has agreed to pay for one signal a long time ago)
Please correct me if I error.
4 officers (2 at Hwy 283 and 2 at Hwy 395) around the clock at :idontno: can we say $20 per hour? for one year. We won't calculate in FICA for these purposes.
4 ppl x $20/hr x 24 hrs/day x 7 days/wk x 52.14 wks/yr

= $700,761 per year :shock: :shock: :shock: :blink: I told you. :wink:
That's one lot in Watercolor....Maybe
 
I hear you. The officers should be able to make extra money. But at least one should be giving tickets to some of these people driving 95 miles a hour. Yesterday coming back from PC some idiot pass me doing at least 95 weaving from one lane to another.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top