• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Old Florida Fish House

New posts
The food quality and service level has been steadily going downhill for a long time. They have some great staff members and some good dishes, but they are so inconsistent that you never know what you're going to get. It's gone from good to hit or miss to consistently subpar. A year or two ago we were regulars, now we might stop by every couple of months.

I'd love it if they refocused and got things back to the way they were as it is a great location & space.

We ate there two nights ago and everyone had a great meal, and the service was even better than the meal==go figure:idontno:
 
Last edited:
Sushi bar is great, my party ordered from the menu & food was average to below, servers were running around like they were evacuating for a storm, bartenders didn't appear to be too attentive, been there twice, wanting to give it a chance but a no go when my family & friends pop in for some beach time...too bad cuz its a beautiful set up if organized..
 
I agree that the sushi there is pretty hard to beat, and the service is hit or miss. I think the service issue is kind of typical for our area, since there are so many new restaurants popping up, but no affordable places for staff to live -- thus the influx of all the Eastern European college students here for the summer living 6 to a bedroom (several of whom have waited on us at OFFH with very limited English speaking skills). But I digress... Food-wise, I think it's best to stick the sushi or just a simple classic fried/grilled seafood dish. The sauces on the specials there are SO heavy that you can't enjoy the flavor of the seafood underneath.
Ate there last night -- we arrived at 9:00 and it was empty. But the sushi rocked, and we had no complaints about our service. BTW ladies, the new bar manager is adorable -- must be great genetics. :)
 
I frequent the sushi bar, which, to me, has always been fantastic. The sushi is great, and this is just about the only area at the restaurant in which you'll receive good service.

i've had some of the worst service experiences of my life at this restaurant.

I went with some friends a few weeks ago (there were eight of us) and we sat at our table for at least ten minutes before anyone even acknowleged us. We finally had to flag someone down to serve us.

instead another server had to step up (basically doing the manager's job) and tend to our table and correct the damage the previous server had done. this second server was amazing, and that is about the only compliment i have for this place. i believe his name was DJ or JD or something.

There's a server named DJ who is fantastic. I have actually seen him come in on his day off just to hang out, and end up helping the sushi chefs and servers do their jobs.
 
I ate there with friends a few nights ago. From 4:00 to 6:00 I believe they have two for one entrees. I had fried Grouper and Steak. I am sorry to say that neither was good. Each of my friends had different items and their food was poor also.It is good to know though that the owner also owns Harbor Docks, which I have heard had good sushi. It seems that a few people here have suggested the sushi, so I may have to try that. It was also recommended that I try the bar. Tonight is ladies night, but it's raining. I had thought of trying it.One thing for sure though, this website is great. Thanks so much.
 
I ate there with friends a few nights ago. From 4:00 to 6:00 I believe they have two for one entrees. I had fried Grouper and Steak. I am sorry to say that neither was good. Each of my friends had different items and their food was poor also.It is good to know though that the owner also owns Harbor Docks, which I have heard had good sushi. It seems that a few people here have suggested the sushi, so I may have to try that. It was also recommended that I try the bar. Tonight is ladies night, but it's raining. I had thought of trying it.One thing for sure though, this website is great. Thanks so much.

Quick correction.

Old Florida Fish House has several owners. My understanding is that the main area is owned by the owners of Shades at the Loop and The Ocean Club. The sushi bar and immediate area are leased and operated by the owners of Harbor Docks. Again this is what I was told and could be wrong.
 
Quick correction.

Old Florida Fish House has several owners. My understanding is that the main area is owned by the owners of Shades at the Loop and The Ocean Club. The sushi bar and immediate area are leased and operated by the owners of Harbor Docks. Again this is what I was told and could be wrong.

Charlie Morgan is the primary owner of Harbor Docks. He owns probably less than 10 percent of OFFH.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top