I don't know that you are out of luck, but you will not find many older homes in this area. You will have to go to Panama City or Defuniak Springs to find the older homes (60+years).Valerista said:Hi!
We're moving to the area in September and would like to find an older home to fix up and turn around.
Many of the listings we've seen are for houses 4-5 years old or newer. Are we just out of luck?
You may find some older homes in Ft Walton, and it will be much closer to Eglin AFB. Don't give up that easily.Valerista said:Thanks for the reply, Joe... we might indeed be out of luck... my husband will be working at Eglin AFB so that's too far away.
In Atlanta, that would be considered a newer home.) There are lots of neighborhoods in the area with smaller houses from the 60s - 80s that would certainly benefit (financially) from a second story, upgrade or whatnot. Valerista said:Hi!
We're moving to the area in September and would like to find an older home to fix up and turn around.
Many of the listings we've seen are for houses 4-5 years old or newer. Are we just out of luck?
captainbook said:I just obtained a property in the Redbay area- North of Freeport- It's a 4br/3bath that I do not have time to renovate- I would consider selling, with possible owner financing- I have a certified appraisal at $270,000 But would consider offers in the $175,00 range. Jon 404-247-7477 or www.investorproperties.net