• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Paint Test

New posts
:razz:
Mermaid said:
I have so many colors going I think Donna might actually need a palett to move my palette. We're talking trim colors, accent colors, body colors, door colors, ceiling colors...don't have a heart attack, Donna; some of the colors do double duty! Now get me that palatt, no palete, no palatte, oh I give up. :eek: :funn: :eek:
Well, even if a pallet is required to deliver all of the paint in your (allegedly) winning palette, you will have a meal that pleases your palate!
SNAP!
 
If she paints as well as she spells, Pea to the Pod will make a great painter. I think there are enough volunteers for painting, so I don't mind sitting back in the pool and making margaritas if anyone wants to take my brush. :D
 
Smiling JOe said:
If she paints as well as she spells, Pea to the Pod will make a great painter. I think there are enough volunteers for painting, so I don't mind sitting back in the pool and making margaritas if anyone wants to take my brush. :D

Hey, I am with you on that SJ. I have no sense when it come's to paint. Colors confuse me. I will help with the bar, that is my forte'. ;-)
 
Smiling JOe said:
If she paints as well as she spells, Pea to the Pod will make a great painter. I think there are enough volunteers for painting, so I don't mind sitting back in the pool and making margaritas if anyone wants to take my brush. :D

Only slightly off the subject, but I was talking to jdarg about beach vacations, and when she and her group come down to Grayton in June, they have in their midst the world's most fantastic Margarita-making professional!! Jdarg said their friend makes fantastic drinks.

Strictly FYI, Smiling JOe, in case you're mosying around Grayton when that Louisville gang is there...
 
Smiling JOe said:
If she paints as well as she spells, Pea to the Pod will make a great painter. I think there are enough volunteers for painting, so I don't mind sitting back in the pool and making margaritas if anyone wants to take my brush. :D
SJ, I must admit that I have done my fair share of painting; so much so that now I'd like to consider myself retired. I would be happy to sit with you and watch the painters while we did crossword puzzles, perhaps?
 
Mermaid said:
Only slightly off the subject, but I was talking to jdarg about beach vacations, and when she and her group come down to Grayton in June, they have in their midst the world's most fantastic Margarita-making professional!! Jdarg said their friend makes fantastic drinks.

Strictly FYI, Smiling JOe, in case you're mosying around Grayton when that Louisville gang is there...
...they'll be the ones hanging with the peas!
 
Beachlover2 said:
I too am afraid of heights - but have jumped out of planes. A psychologist explained it to me that 20 feet up - you can see where you are going to land - jumping out of the plane is so high - it seems surreal.
I jumped off cliffs in Jamaica, and that was between 30-40 feet up; definitely enough to feel very real and very scary. But the promise of landing in that beautiful water below was just too tempting!
Splash!
 
Donna said:
Bob, good question. I have stacks and stacks, but they're not empty...full of wines from both Far Niente and Nickel & Nickel, the sister winery. They are the best client I have ever had and I worked on the master plans for both wineries. The late Gil Nickel was a wonderful friend and the finest person I have ever worked with during a 30+ year career. We miss him a lot. Every year, the winery's London taxi pulls up on our road, and two velvet-clad holiday "elves" deliver one of those laser-etched cases of Far Niente wines for the holidays. But yes, they do make marvelous storage boxes and they are also good kindling for the fireplace.

If you have not tried the Nickel & Nickel wines, you are in for a real treat. They specialize in single vineyard varietals and are fabulous. Favorites are the N&N Sullenger Vineyards Cabernet and the N&N Dragonfly Vineyards Cabernet. The N&N Winery is directly across the road from Robert Mondavi Winery. We did a complete histroric restoration of the old farmstead and grounds, its re-use as the winery. Even the landscaping is representative of what a turn-of-the-century kitchen garden and color garden would have been. Their wines are great and the family even greater. Thanks for asking. :wub:
Haven't tried the others, but Cakebread makes excellent wines.
Have you ever done any work for V Sattui--love their place.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top