• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Panama City Beach Future

New posts
I love the photos of old PCB. Thanks for posting them. I also love Thomas's donuts and hope they're in PCB for a long-time.
 
"... love the photos of old PCB. Thanks for posting them. I also love Thomas's donuts and hope they're in PCB for a long-time..."


Actually, you can find a whole lot more online @

http://www.floridamemory.com/PhotographicCollection/

Suggested searches are: "Panama City Beach", "Pettycoat
Junction", "Miracle Strip", "Phillips Inlet", "Camp Helen", etc. etc.

Nothing turned-up when I searched for "Thomas donuts"
(no matter how I spelled doughnuts).

By the way, a search under "Walton County" will turn-up some
photos of SoWal beaches taken in 1928, but don't expect to
see any houses, cabins, condos, or people.

A search under Grayton/ Grayton Beach turns up a measly 3
relatively late photos.




Capricious
 
Re: Panama City Beach Future (& past)

No year on this one, plus it comes up under
"Panama City," not "Panama City Beach."

Looks like a good place to buy some vacant
land.

The catalogueing is sometimes lacking but if
you spend enough time poking around you can
usually find what you are looking for.
 
"... love the photos of old PCB. Thanks for posting them. I also love Thomas's donuts and hope they're in PCB for a long-time..."


Actually, you can find a whole lot more online @

http://www.floridamemory.com/PhotographicCollection/

Suggested searches are: "Panama City Beach", "Pettycoat
Junction", "Miracle Strip", "Phillips Inlet", "Camp Helen", etc. etc.

Nothing turned-up when I searched for "Thomas donuts"
(no matter how I spelled doughnuts).

By the way, a search under "Walton County" will turn-up some
photos of SoWal beaches taken in 1928, but don't expect to
see any houses, cabins, condos, or people.

A search under Grayton/ Grayton Beach turns up a measly 3
relatively late photos.




Capricious

Cap: This is a great website. I looked at it a lot last year when I was searching for photos/postcards, etc. Thanks for posting it--it was great looking at it again! :biggrin:
 
Dear 30A,

Just to clarify, Panama City does not want a new airport. The public voted overwhelmingly against it in a non-binding referendum. St. Joe wants a new airport.

As far as the future of Panama City Beach, there is none. The goose is dead. It breaks my heart seeing what's been done to my hometown.
 
Last edited:
Dear 30A,

Just to clarify, Panama City does not want a new airport. The public voted overwhelmingly against it in a non-binding referendum. St. Joe wants a new airport.

As far as the future of Panama City Beach, there is none. The goose is dead. It breaks my heart seeing what's been done to my hometown.

Things change. Some time for the good and the bad. I would like a new airport. The flights at the old one are terrible.
 
Everything is in the eye of the beholder/user.

After years of traveling all over the world, in all kinds of airports, I love the PC airport. No lines, people who say hello, no wait for baggage, no parking problems....there is a lot to be said for small, friendly airports.

And, it makes it harder for hordes of people to find our piece of paradise! Just one opinion....
 
"...but a lot of PCB is run down and nasty..."


Actually ,it is now mostly torn-down and rubble.

I will take '50s kitch over 2006 mamoth-tower-with
parking garage any day.

Is the Peeks Motel still in business, it has been on Front Beach Rd. since the mid 50's. I know as of last fall it was there as we thought about staying there. Don't know how they've kept from being forced to sell, they have what appears to be a ample lot for more condos unfortunately.
 

Attachments

  • peeks_motel_0014.jpg
    peeks_motel_0014.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 680
Last edited:
"...Is the Peeks Motel still in business, it has been on Front Beach Rd. since the mid 50's. I know as of last fall it was there as we thought about staying there. Don't know how they've kept from being forced to sell, they have what appears to be a ample lot for more condos unfortunately...."




According to the website on the sign in your photo, they
are closed for the season but taking reservations
for 2007.


Capricious
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top