• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Pandora.com

New posts

joho

Beach Fanatic
The radio station that plays the music you like!!!!

Happy Holidays...................
 
yes, pandora.com is great stuff, especially for Christmas music. BTW, I use FireFox for my web browser and have never seen an ad which they supposedly have on the free version. Do any of you Internet Explorer users get the ads when using Pandora.com?

Thanks for showing us the light, John R.
 
yes, pandora.com is great stuff, especially for Christmas music. BTW, I use FireFox for my web browser and have never seen an ad which they supposedly have on the free version. Do any of you Internet Explorer users get the ads when using Pandora.com?

Thanks for showing us the light, John R.

I listen at work -- love it! I was listening to yahoo radio which isn't bad but Pandora is my :wub:.

I do get the ads, at work, while using IE. They really aren't in the way since the ads are on the page/player and don't interupt the music. So, I won't complain about 'em. :wave:
 
Hey Guys, try RadioParadise.com

Free internet radio, eclectic playlist. I listen every chance I get.

Go to the site then press on the 192 MP3. If you have itunes radio, it is under the alternative category.

Just a fabulous station.

www.radioparadise.com
 
Thanks for the tip, but with Pandora you build your own stations within the program (a lot less complicated than it sounds). That is a hard feature to beat.

I have maybe 5 "stations" that I created so I can switch it up and never be bored.
 
Thanks for the tip, but with Pandora you build your own stations within the program (a lot less complicated than it sounds). That is a hard feature to beat.

I have maybe 5 "stations" that I created so I can switch it up and never be bored.

Ok. I am confused. I use itunes most of the time and there are about 1000 stations to choose from.

So you put in the artist you like and it plays. How interesting. Just give radioparadise a try.

I get introduced to a LOT of new music, end up purchasing the CDs if available from B & N. Some of the music they play is not available, the European music mostly.

But, I highly recommend the station.
 
Ok. I am confused. I use itunes most of the time and there are about 1000 stations to choose from.

So you put in the artist you like and it plays. How interesting. Just give radioparadise a try.

I get introduced to a LOT of new music, end up purchasing the CDs if available from B & N. Some of the music they play is not available, the European music mostly.

But, I highly recommend the station.
I think you are missing the boat. Pandora.com allows you to create your own stations. Let's say you like a particular song or band. You type in the song title or band name, and it will ask you to confirm. After confirming, it will play that song or songs with similar beats, similar vocals, etc. If it is a band which you enter, it will play songs by that band as well as other bands which have similar music. With each song that plays, you can choose to give feedback of things like, never play this song again, or, play this song often and more like it. This helps personalize each station which you build. You will be introduced to new songs and bands, and band info and song/album info can be found with a click or two. I tested Pandora.com by entering weird uncommon bands or songs, and they were all in the system. You can skip a song if you don't like it. It will keep adding to your playlist even if you don't give it feedback, but it will play more songs you like if you give each song some feedback. It is probably the most intelligent system of this type, which I've seen and used. You could create a hip-hop station, a rap station, country western station, Willie Nelson station, even a country and rap station in one, male folk singer station, music with saxophone station, etc. It is really unbelievable.
 
I think you are missing the boat. Pandora.com allows you to create your own stations. Let's say you like a particular song or band. You type in the song title or band name, and it will ask you to confirm. After confirming, it will play that song or songs with similar beats, similar vocals, etc. If it is a band which you enter, it will play songs by that band as well as other bands which have similar music. With each song that plays, you can choose to give feedback of things like, never play this song again, or, play this song often and more like it. This helps personalize each station which you build. You will be introduced to new songs and bands, and band info and song/album info can be found with a click or two. I tested Pandora.com by entering weird uncommon bands or songs, and they were all in the system. You can skip a song if you don't like it. It will keep adding to your playlist even if you don't give it feedback, but it will play more songs you like if you give each song some feedback. It is probably the most intelligent system of this type, which I've seen and used. You could create a hip-hop station, a rap station, country western station, Willie Nelson station, even a country and rap station in one, male folk singer station, music with saxophone station, etc. It is really unbelievable.

OK. I didn't realize it would play "like" bands as well. I will give it a try, but I still plug radioparadise. I get introduced to so much new sounds! Plus, I get reintroduced to some classics and other older music as well that I have never heard.

I will try pandora.com, sounds very unique.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top