kathydwells
Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Paula, thank you for your trip report. It is nice to see what everyone else does while they are in paradise. I will be writing my report week after next!!! YEAH.
Where'd you get your massages, Paula?Paula said:- Massages and Aveda's rosemary mint shampoo and body wash
. sorry we didn't catch up again but always love spending time with you. Lazying around is just perfect for a week in sowal. Next time we'll party. Glad you made it home safe.Paula said:It seemed "just right" to me last week. Enough people around from different areas to know it was summer vacation time, but not a zoo with backed up traffic and long lines and no parking spaces! The other place (other than the Bay bridge on July 1 coming into Destin) that was busy was Publix on Saturday evening. But that seemed no worse than our busy days here in Michigan at the supermarket.
Paula said:Lindabobhat: I think in general the Seacrest/east end of 30A area is still quite calm, though who knows in the future with Rosemary Beach, Alys Beach, Villages of South Walton, and other communities. For now, though, I'm thoroughly enjoying the relative calm. Frankly, there seem to still be many quiet areas along 30A despite the pockets of busy-ness. I would have felt just fine (not crowded) and relaxed anywhere on 30A last week (though we didn't try to eat out much at peak times which is where it was probably busy). Can't say for this week since it's a holiday week. It may be that it's not as busy as usual this year.
I heard from some friends though that it was a great time with a good crowd at the Fonville Press wine and appetizer event on Friday night. Wish we could have gone but we got too tired and had to pack to (sadly) leave on Saturday morning.