• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

PCB not so stupid now...

New posts
Weren't some of the 9/11 planes RJ's?

Nope...2 767's into the twin towers and 2 757's into the Pentagon and the crash into the field. Their aim was to find coast to coast flights tankering huge loads of fuel.

An RJ would have done damage, for sure, but we would still have the towers if that's what had been used. Relatively speaking they are very small...
 
Last edited:
Agreeing with the idea that the local flyers out of VPS serve more to deter terrorists than a lot of other things would. The 9/11 terrorists carefully researched which flights would have passengers that would be easy to control. Trying something on a flight that serves a small regional airport and is located right next to a military base that trains and supports special ops commandos sounds like a bad move if you want the hijacking to be successful.

Because they'd likely do a better job of stopping a hijacking than the air marshals would, armed or not.
 
The one thing that has struck me about this conversation is that nobody has said anything about contacting Okaloosa County Regional Airport Airport, itself. I have sent an email to the Director of the airport, Jerry Sealy, and will post his reply when I get it.

I've done my part. Why doesn't somebody else google the Okaloosa Chamber of Commerce and make contact with them?
 
So are Sowalgaboi and ChrisV, both people who received the email from the PCB Chamber of Commerce, Realtors? Or, are you suggesting that the PCB Chamber is a Realtor Organization?

I am not a realtor, however my company is a member of the chamber.

Thanks SB !!--just one word, Hal ah-hell-a lulah!!!

OK! sowalgayboi, my bruva,please, no more rumors!!

This was not presented to me as a rumor, but as a fact from a local organization.

As I said earlier, I was informed that the closing of VPS would not be until after the new road from Niceville to Freeport was completed, so I do question the date of closure being 2010. The PCB airport, if there are no more hold ups with the construction, will be opening in 2010, but with delays, it may take longer, so I really question 2010. Maybe that is when the lease is over, but maybe they will extend it.

Perhaps they aren't waiting for a road and once the PCB airport is open the road will come later? :idontno:

Why are they only letting Realtors know this stuff?


.

Again this was sent out to all members of the PCB chamber. You can join yourself as an individual even if you do not have or operate a business in PCB.

The one thing that has struck me about this conversation is that nobody has said anything about contacting Okaloosa County Regional Airport Airport, itself. I have sent an email to the Director of the airport, Jerry Sealy, and will post his reply when I get it.

I've done my part. Why doesn't somebody else google the Okaloosa Chamber of Commerce and make contact with them?

Any response yet?
 

I find it amusing that after it was exposed for what it was the Lawyer, William Harrison, is still trying to play the get out of jail free card by saying this..."Harrison said the lease allows the Air Force to cancel it at any time as long as a 30-day notice is given"

Good Lord, dude. You got busted. Let it go!
 
I find it amusing that after it was exposed for what it was the Lawyer, William Harrison, is still trying to play the get out of jail free card by saying this..."Harrison said the lease allows the Air Force to cancel it at any time as long as a 30-day notice is given"

Good Lord, dude. You got busted. Let it go!

The fact that he kept sandbagging and failed to mention it would take congressional/presidential action to even get THAT process started convinces me even MORE that the email wasn't just a fact checking oopsie! :angry:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top