• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Pier Park update

New posts
Borders! Squee!

I've got many fond memories of the original one in Ann Arbor- first time I ever was in a book store big enough to have its own escalator.

It'll be the one thing that makes the drive to PCB worth it for me.

Have a look at www.pierparkretail.com to see what the Borders store is going to look like, as well as a really well-done computer animation video touring the completed Pier Park. Simon is obviously serious about PCB.
 
Borders! Squee!

I've got many fond memories of the original one in Ann Arbor- first time I ever was in a book store big enough to have its own escalator.

It'll be the one thing that makes the drive to PCB worth it for me.

Are you from Ann Arbor where the original Borders was (and still is but looks nothing like it used to)?
 
Not from there, but I got my Master's from U of M, and A^2 was the road trip to civilization when I was at undergrad at Albion.
 
A2 is a very nice town, which is why we moved here (though, as you know, winters are coooooooold and grey and long). Good thing it's such a nice town to balance that out. Great place to raise a family. Anyway, I guess we've hijacked the thread a tad...
 
:clap::clap:I cant wait for these stores :clap::clap:

I am also glad that there are some "mom&pop" mixed in with the chain stores.....ie, Solace and No Regrets...
 
"...every time she wants a $20 candle ..."




I don't believe either the wife nor I would ever buy a
$20 candle, much less more than one.

But there must be plenty of people who do, if this
sort of shop survives.
 
"...Panama City Beach: Rodeo Drive of the Panhandle..."


There always seems to be plenty of vacant retail space every
time I look around in PCB. For example, the Shops at Edgewater
are pretty-much dead. Back in 1994 it was pretty high-class.

Same thing over in Destin; I forget the name but all those little
shops at the corner of 98 and the road over to Holiday Island?
They just opened-up in '02 or '03, I think, and in '07 they are
all vacant.

Is there really a need for yet more retail?

Vacant condos & vacant retail.

Why can't "they" come-up with some vacant beach?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top