• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Please I.D. this reptile

New posts
I'm too lazy/sleepy to click the link above, but I'm going with some sort of king snake. At least that's what we used to call them, and daddy said they were good snakes as they would run off rattlesnakes.

Don't know if that's true or not, but it sounded good at the time. :blush:
 
For identification purposes - please note that a Copperhead has bands that get narrow at the top. NO nonvenomous snake in North America has bands that get more narrow on the top of the snake. It is the quickest and easiest way to tell.
PJ_Copperhead.jpg
 
Looks like what I've always called a corn snake. SJ? Do you concur?
I agree -- I'm no snake expert, but that looks like a Corn Snake. (We used to call them Rat Snakes when I was a kid). I posted a photo of one I took last year, somewhere in my album. Go dig it up. Always do you own DD if you have any questions regarding whether it is venomous. Go check out some images of corn snakes, and note the descriptions and compare to yours. Note that snakes can sometimes look similar, but the difference could be deadly if you are not careful. Look closely at things like which color touches which band, etc.

Interesting you found one in your yard today. I was just about to post that the snakes are out and about. I saw a couple today. Almost stepped on one in Seaside, lying right in the middle of the sandy path near the beach. I did get a photo of it, but it's on my other puter and I'm too lazy to get to it right now. :wave:
 
oh man, just when I thought it was safe to come back to this thread, there are TWO more snake pix posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:
 
oh man, just when I thought it was safe to come back to this thread, there are TWO more snake pix posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Somebody better rep me, because I'm gonna have snake nightmares tonight.:blink:
 
Somebody better rep me, because I'm gonna have snake nightmares tonight.:blink:

Thank you. I don't have a thing against MOST snakes, but I will nightmare about them tonight.
 
Ok...SJ..I remember those pics. The second one is way cool. :clap:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top