• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Political correctness

New posts

oh lordy. that is the kind of PC language stuff that is completely ridiculous and out of control.

In fact, banning any kind of language - even the truly offensive kind - is ridiculous. I believe we have the right to be as politically incorrect as we choose. Those who choose to offend - well, it just reflects on their own character.

speaking with respect or choosing to use politically correct language is all well and good - I hope to be able to do this most of the time. but I surely don't want anyone telling me that I can't use certain terms.
 
Last edited:
oh lordy. that is the kind of PC language stuff that is completely ridiculous and out of control.

In fact, banning any kind of language - even the truly offensive kind - is ridiculous. I believe we have the right to be as politically incorrect as we choose. Those who choose to offend - well, it just reflects on their own character.

speaking with respect or choosing to use politically correct language is all well and good - I hope to be able to do this most of the time. but I surely don't want anyone telling me that I can't use certain terms.

Thank you. Utterly ridiculous.

We had a county commissioner here try to ban the use of black hole. He was offended. :roll:
 
omc. what, was he afraid that the term referred to him? :floor:
:lolabove:...you are most astute, Miss Toots! Ahole was invented for this troublemaker. He makes me do this :roll: or this :bang:, often. Such a polarizing man.
 
oh lordy. that is the kind of PC language stuff that is completely ridiculous and out of control.

In fact, banning any kind of language - even the truly offensive kind - is ridiculous. I believe we have the right to be as politically incorrect as we choose. Those who choose to offend - well, it just reflects on their own character.

speaking with respect or choosing to use politically correct language is all well and good - I hope to be able to do this most of the time. but I surely don't want anyone telling me that I can't use certain terms.

Tootsie! If everyone had common sense and even common decency, your statements would hold. But that's not the case. I'm glad, for example, that I am banned on this website from using a certain "n" word. I'd never use it, you'd never use it, our friends would never use it, but random posters from nowhere could drop in and use it...were it useable on SoWal, which it isn't. Just an example.
 
Tootsie! If everyone had common sense and even common decency, your statements would hold. But that's not the case. I'm glad, for example, that I am banned on this website from using a certain "n" word. I'd never use it, you'd never use it, our friends would never use it, but random posters from nowhere could drop in and use it...were it useable on SoWal, which it isn't. Just an example.

excellent point mermy. we do have rules around here about offensive language, and its totally necessary. but you can still choose to be as politically incorrect or insensitive about others as you like, as long as you choose board-accepted words - and we've seen it a time or two. you can surely offend, insult, be insensitive about others - all with the use of board-accepted words. it is the intention behind those words that really matters.
 
Last edited:
:lolabove:...you are most astute, Miss Toots! Ahole was invented for this troublemaker. He makes me do this :roll: or this :bang:, often. Such a polarizing man.
This guy made the national news, too. I forget which program but my thought was what a fool.
 
Tootsie! If everyone had common sense and even common decency, your statements would hold. But that's not the case. I'm glad, for example, that I am banned on this website from using a certain "n" word. I'd never use it, you'd never use it, our friends would never use it, but random posters from nowhere could drop in and use it...were it useable on SoWal, which it isn't. Just an example.



Yes, others as well~~~~~ :blink:
Great point! We welcome the insensitive, but not the insensitive words, which have evolved into their respective insensitivity.

Am glad there are controls in play here~~~~~~ ;-)
 
Yes, others as well~~~~~ :blink:
Great point! We welcome the insensitive, but not the insensitive words, which have evolved into their respective insensitivity.

Am glad there are controls in play here~~~~~~ ;-)

oh, believe me, we've all found ways around those controls when we desperately need a bad word to type. those controls are meant to keep us in line. and it works kinda. sorta.
 
oh, believe me, we've all found ways around those controls when we desperately need a bad word to type. those controls are meant to keep us in line. and it works kinda. sorta.

I rather enjoy the evolution of this.:wave:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top