• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Property purchase by BCC

New posts
True dat shelly but luckily through the years and county boards that it takes to get a development order approved these faux developers were weeded out leaving only the competent, worthy, community minded environmentally balanced group with a vision for the well being of us all to remain in business....:blink:
 
And why does the county need to buy more land? I think the money would be better spent on employee salaries and services for the county, ie roads, etc!!!
 
True dat shelly but luckily through the years and county boards that it takes to get a development order approved these faux developers were weeded out leaving only the competent, worthy, community minded environmentally balanced group with a vision for the well being of us all to remain in business....:blink:

Huh?:idontno:
 
sorry goodwitch maybe i should have used;-)...i was making fun of the bcc and the review boards for approving every project by every so called developer that has come along...my sarcasm probably goes unrewarded once again:biggrin:
 
Last edited:
sorry goodwitch maybe i should have used;-)...i was making fun of the bcc and the review boards for approving every project by every so called developer that has come along...my sarcasm probably goes unrewarded once again:biggrin:
I personally know of at least one case in which the BCC unanimously supported a fight against a developer. I appreciate their support and how they listened to the concerns, as well as the concerns of other citizens with items on the agenda.

I won't say which case, and if you know, please don't say. I just don't like seeing them always portrayed as "the bad guy."
 
Ever read the Walton County Seal?
Pride - Preservation - Conservation

Given the number of developments passed vs not passed, I'd say the County Commissioners should put a County Seal in the back of the Courtroom where the clock is located, so that they can be reminded of the three simple words.

This thought of buying this parcel, does indeed fit into the Preservation aspect, but I don't think it necessarily should come at expensive costs to the tax payer. If the property isn't able to be developed, the appraisal is likely off the mark. Also, I don't think it should be solely up to our County to be the ones who take pride and seek preservation and conservation. Private entities should also strive for these things.
 
Last edited:
And why does the county need to buy more land? I think the money would be better spent on employee salaries and services for the county, ie roads, etc!!!

Give you give specifics on which employees or positions are under paid at the county level and at what rate you think they should be paid?
 
Give you give specifics on which employees or positions are under paid at the county level and at what rate you think they should be paid?

That info is somehow never told, and I think it's high time a study be done on just that. Those that work at the south end of the county, should be given compensation for traveling the distance every day, most I know do not live here, and some have an issue with all the county vehicles that could be used, but aren't. I applaud Mickey Marse, Mayor of Freeport for for actually printing the salary when jobs are advertised, but he's the only one I've seen. There's a certain amount of embarrassment involved, and I think a whole lot of Bull! Still, times are changing, and what was acceptable wage 25 years ago, needs to be adjusted! I think as the county is one of the largest employers in the county, they set a standard for the rest. Again, they compare Walton county with Bay and Okaloosa, I think a mistake. A study needs to be done that evaluates the actual cost of living, and the actual revenue the county earns, and adjust accordingly. We were once one of the poorest counties in the state, but that is no longer true as far as revenue goes.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top