• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Question about June Grass

New posts

beachpirate

Beach Lover
I am planning a trip (prob. May 15th-23rd). What are the chances that I will run into June grass as I did around that date last year. Any advice would be helpful. Should I wait later or what?
 
Re: Question

I am planning a trip (prob. May 15th-23rd). What are the chances that I will run into June grass as I did around that date last year. Any advice would be helpful. Should I wait later or what?
beachpirate, do you have kids? My kids said the other day how they were hoping to be able to have June grass fights again this year.
 
Re: Question

I am planning a trip (prob. May 15th-23rd). What are the chances that I will run into June grass as I did around that date last year. Any advice would be helpful. Should I wait later or what?

Most years you don't see it that early. Last year, it was horrible in mid-May. Bottom line, you just never know. You might want to book a place with a pool.
 
Re: Question

No I dont have kids but yes that stuff was awful last year. I just cant do the pool. I have one at home and I guess I am just turned off by the notion. I hope that it doesn't come that early again this year.
 
Re: Question

No I dont have kids but yes that stuff was awful last year. I just cant do the pool. I have one at home and I guess I am just turned off by the notion. I hope that it doesn't come that early again this year.

I am hoping last year was just an anomaly. Since the gulf was fairly calm in 2006, things will hopefully be normal again in May.
 
Re: Question

May?? May is just an aweful month at the beach for many reasons, a few which I have posted on other threads in the past. I want go into decribing the biting Deer Flies, biting Dog Flies, Mosquitos, Alligator Mating Season, Shark Mating Season, plenty of snakes in the bushes, etc. May is just wrong, wrong, wrong. Now if you wait until June, some of those things listed above will not be as much of a worry for you. I almost forgot to mention the June Grass and Sargassum Grass which has come ashore in May for the last few years.
 
Last edited:
Re: Question

Sell it somewhere else, JOe. :D

October sucks almost as much as May, eh?
 
Re: Question

Sell it somewhere else, JOe. :D

October sucks almost as much as May, eh?
You know JOe. He likes to keep people away in the off-season (and I tend to agree - SoWal does take on a different flavor then).

I think the June grass feels sexy.:shock: :floor: But my house has a big private pool if you wanna rent it and avoid the June grass and the green stuff in your butt.:funn:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top